Esteemed Contributor

Re: VINTAGE DINING ROOM AFTER CHRISTMAS

Not a big fan of this style, but it did nudge me to get out some of my cut glass pieces and use them as part of my decor.  Time for Mardi Gras decorations to come out around here - tomorrow is Kings Day, the start of Carnival season.  Gotta switch from red and green to purple, green and gold.Smiley Wink

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Not my style at all....it all runs together for me.  I cannot imagine Christmas decorations in this room.  JMHO

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of this decor at all. A door leaning against the corner, a shutter on the table as a runner?? This says to me " I'm trying so hard." Don't know this person is trying to do but it looks silly to me. I have never liked plates and baskets on the wall. The room looks to me like I'll just throw everything in and see how it turns out. 

Respected Contributor

Once my holiday decorations are removed, I replace them with other seasonally appropriate items like velvet throw pillows and warm throws.  I continue to use battery-operated candles throughout the winter to add a bit of light to those early evening dark hours.

My holiday bedding is reversible, so I remove the Christmas-themed decorative pillows and flip the comforter and shams from plaid to a winter print.

Of course, the front door wreath gets changed from a holiday-themed one to one that is wintery looking.

Once spring arrives (by the calendar, not by the weather), I change out throw pillows and bedding to ones that are of lighter weight fabrics and paler colors.  Candles are put away and plants and shells start to make their appearance.