Trusted Contributor

Hello, everyone!  I visited our local HomeGoods today and was thrilled to find velvet pumpkins!  They had these last year, I bought a few, went back for more and they were gone!  There are three sizes in gorgeous shades of teal, denim blue, dusty rose, a lighter green and of course, orange!  The prices were $9.99, $6.99 & $5.99.  According to the salesperson I spoke with they anticipate getting at least one more shipment of these in with possibly more color choices.  He also mentioned the fall decor was flying off the shelves.  If you happen to be looking for velvet pumpkins trust me ~ these are really nice!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I was there and saw them too. I didn't see any quite so inexpensive, though. There were metalic pumpkins, velvet pumpkins, straw pumpkins, resin pumpkins. It was pumpkin paradise!

Respected Contributor
Aaaack! You're killing me. I have to get to Home Goods soon!!! Chiropractor appt tomorrow. Vet Thursday. A Friday night date with DH to Home Goods? I don't think so. Maybe Saturday after we pick up the mower being repaired. I have too much going on! That's why I often order online. Don't get a chance to run around to the different stores and shop.
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom You should take your DH. Mine actually enjoyed himself when I took him. Your's might surprise you. And, you can't believe the pumpkins!

Honored Contributor

Re: VELVET PUMPKINS!!!

[ Edited ]

@Julie928 wrote:

Hello, everyone!  I visited our local HomeGoods today and was thrilled to find velvet pumpkins!  They had these last year, I bought a few, went back for more and they were gone!  There are three sizes in gorgeous shades of teal, denim blue, dusty rose, a lighter green and of course, orange!  The prices were $9.99, $6.99 & $5.99.  According to the salesperson I spoke with they anticipate getting at least one more shipment of these in with possibly more color choices.  He also mentioned the fall decor was flying off the shelves.  If you happen to be looking for velvet pumpkins trust me ~ these are really nice!  :-)

@Julie928  Any decorating ideas of what to do with them, aside from just placing them here and there?

Honored Contributor

I don't decorate but those colors would be very appealing and sound lovely.  Did you buy some? Which colors? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

You know what? I always send my grandchildren a seasonal box for them to use in their bedrooms or throughout the house. I think the velvet pumpkins would be great for grandchildren! How whimsical! I usually send the jelly stick-ups for the windows and some decorative accents, but the pumpkins are so much better, and can be used next year!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom ~ What a nice idea!  I think they would love something like that ~ like you mentioned, these can be used year after year.  :-)

@Kachina624 ~ I purchased all of the orange ~ the orange is a nice, deep color and I knew if I waited and went back they would be gone.  I also picked up the light green, dusty rose and denim blue colors.  (Hanging my head in shame).......

@mousiegirl ~ I actually put up Valerie's 7 ft slim tree to make sure the lights worked.  It looked so nice I decided to keep it up and turn it into an autumn tree.  I loaded it with brown and gold birds and gold leaf picks.  I plan on placing the pumpkins under the tree to make it look as if a bushelful had been dropped there.  I did place a couple on our dining room table as well.  I have a large birds nest, a bird, some sunflowers and a couple smaller evergreen feather trees there.  The smaller pumpkins look nice nestled in with the sunflowers.  Even though they are velvet pumpkins, they still possess a touch of whimsy which I love!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom ~ What a nice idea!  I think they would love something like that ~ like you mentioned, these can be used year after year.  :-)

@Kachina624 ~ I purchased all of the orange ~ the orange is a nice, deep color and I knew if I waited and went back they would be gone.  I also picked up the light green, dusty rose and denim blue colors.  (Hanging my head in shame).......

@mousiegirl ~ I actually put up Valerie's 7 ft slim tree to make sure the lights worked.  It looked so nice I decided to keep it up and turn it into an autumn tree.  I loaded it with brown and gold birds and gold leaf picks.  I plan on placing the pumpkins under the tree to make it look as if a bushelful had been dropped there.  I did place a couple on our dining room table as well.  I have a large birds nest, a bird, some sunflowers and a couple smaller evergreen feather trees there.  The smaller pumpkins look nice nestled in with the sunflowers.  Even though they are velvet pumpkins, they still possess a touch of whimsy which I love!  :-)

@Julie928  Thank you, your decor sounds wonderful. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@Julie928

i was at HomeGoods over the weekend... and then made a quick stop today to pick up the 2 cream and gold owls @mominohio posted a photo of in another thread! The velvet pumkins are beautiful... in all the colors you listed. I have some cream velvet pumpkins that I purchased at a craft fair some years ago that I just love. I'll have to find a reason to drive past HomeGoods again tomorrow before they are all gone!