Honored Contributor

Re: VALERIE WEEKEND SHOWS AUGUST 15

was nice to see fall stuff as I do like fall but most was too cutsey for me----not a huge fan of VPH products  anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wasn't going buy anything, but did!!  I bought the three pip berry candle rings for fall.  Last year bought the three rings in the holiday color and really like them.  I have three Valerie woodlike candle sticks with CI candles on a room divider.  The rings fit perfectly and look great!!

PS - where was Jayne Brown on yesterday's Val day??  I like her as a host on Valerie's shows!!

Super Contributor

I have a lot of Valerie harvest items and I'm glad my collection is big enough because most of her items are advanced order and don't ship until October.  I decorate for fall at the beginning of September and two weeks after Halloween it's Christmas time for me! I feel bad for Valerie, as I'm sure the delayed shipping will kill a lot of sales as people want these items to decorate soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise  

Check on Amazon for flickering flame light bulbs, or flame effect light bulbs.  My brother installed one recently in my parents' outside fixture just beside their front door. 

While the light bulb is just plain white plastic and cylinder shaped, nothing special, the flame effect it creates reminds me very much of Valerie's flickering flame lanterns.  Just passing the info along in case anyone reading this has a lamp or light socket where they might want to try a bulb with this effect.  

Oh, and congrats on your verdigris carriage lantern.  

I hope you are pleased with it.  

@SHOPR  Thanks for the info about the bulbs. Smiley Happy

I decided to cancel the advance order on that slim accent piece. After finishing decorating today, I really don't need it. So the only new decor piece I bought and/or kept so far this year is the verdigris carriage lantern.

The lantern arrived today and we love it! I had everything decorated for Fall except the top of the wall unit. Once the lantern was in place between the two Swans, I was able to decide how I wanted the rest of it put together.

Previously in this thread (post # 48) I posted a pic of how I had the top of the wall unit decorated last year. Here's a pic of it this year with the new lantern...

P5300334.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I'm so glad you love the carriage lantern. 

It looks so great in the center between your swans.  Love it!