Honored Contributor

Re: VALERIE SNEAK PEEK FOR OCTOBER 18

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I noticed that the bay leaf items are all glittered.  I'd like to see the ones without glitter come back.  I may order one of the champagne.  Anyone else getting them?

@lucymo

I usually go for silver but the white is striking me this morning.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.................................

I used to be a silver person but now I like the warmer colors of gold, if it's a true gold, or champagne, my favorite actually.  I didn't order anything.  If you could see my stash of decor you'd understand.  lol

@ChiliPepper

Honored Contributor

Anyone else going to watch Valerie's show again? It starts in a few minutes...I'll be watching! It was such an enjoyable show...not the fast paced running around like it had been...more relaxed Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise  Here is a pic with the replaced larger eyes in my polar bear and you can see the original size in the other bear with the baby on it's back, much smaller.  My pictures are still here, and because I floated them to the top, I have easy access all year. Smiley Happy

DSCF9726.JPG

@mousiegirl  Thanks for posting the pic! Wow! I can see the difference and what you were talking about regarding the eyes.

Just one thing...what did you mean/what were you refering to...relating to what I just highlighted in your post? Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I love the larger eyes. They just fit that bear.  I will just use the smaller ones as my bears are small.  I have fallen in love with the polar bears.

@lucymo  I bought the Mom bear with baby on it's back at zulily last year, the others at Grandin Road as I mentioned. Smiley Happy

Guess what I did today?  I spent the day in the red room, adding more decorations to the tree, Valerie's red ornaments, some red deer, the same as I bought last year at zulily, bought more this year, the red mercury glass birds, and Lisa's white feathery and beaded birds.  I have more to do at the top of the back, but will wait until DH has the ladder back there to replace the garlands on top of the cabinets because with the tree there, I don't want to be dragging the ladder over there more than once. Smiley Happy  It was so nice and cozy with the tree lit.  I had some old Conna Reed show tapes in, so a fun day.

The weather has been rainy since Friday, hadn't had any since March/April, so have been totally inside with the pups.  Today, the sun came out so put them in the patch for a few hours.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be warmer and I can get back outside to plant more Irises.

Yesterday, DH and I spent the day in the garage organizing Salvation Army items, still more to do, especially in DH's closet, lol.

@mousiegirl  I can't wait to see what you've done in the 'red' room.  Sounds like you've been busy and accomplished a lot of jobs that you've been wanting to do.  Did DH bring in a lot of his stuff from the garage?  lol

@lucymo  There were bags full of suits and ties from years ago in the garage, but it is his closet that I am talking about, just let me at it! lol  He was going to go through it last sunday, but it took us all day downstairs between the garage and rec room.

@mousiegirl  It's funny how we laugh at our DH when they have a hard time letting go of their stuff but look at us.  We are hoarders of decor.  LOL  My DH has four big boxes of clothes to drop off at the Gospel Mission though that he packed up late last week so maybe he will take them and not go back through and keep some.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@mousiegirl, did you see these presented today, VPH's H- 209823 Poinsettia Flameless Candles, there is no video yet?  If so, do they appear to be a red red poinsettia or an orangey red?  Thanks!Smiley Happy

BTW, what is this I am reading about a new Valerie show???  I haven't been reading too much lately, thanks!Smiley Happy

@Hooty  Hi hooty! Smiley Happy  The candles look red to me.  I saw them presented and they look pretty.  I have the CI poinsettia candles from years ago, so won't be ordering these, otherwise I probably would have.

Yes, Valerie will have a new show which is supposed to be a mix of year round and holiday decor, I believe, and it begins next week.  Keep your eye on the program scheduling as Valerie has quite a few shows next week. Smiley Happy

When I proofread this post, I had addressed you as hotty, LOL.

@Hooty  lol I bet you wouldn't complain if someone called you 'hotty' would you?  Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I always think of you when I see a glitter conversation going on.  I'm still looking for the industrial size barrel of glitter to send to you.  LOL

Valerie's newer clear glass ornaments have a different kind of glitter than these bells do.  The newer ones have some bugle beads and larger glass like pieces as I recall on mine.  I love both of them.

@lucymo  I have a ton of Martha Stewart glitter that I bought at HSN a few years ago, so I am set for a while. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@mousiegirl, did you see these presented today, VPH's H- 209823 Poinsettia Flameless Candles, there is no video yet?  If so, do they appear to be a red red poinsettia or an orangey red?  Thanks!Smiley Happy

BTW, what is this I am reading about a new Valerie show???  I haven't been reading too much lately, thanks!Smiley Happy

@Hooty  Hi hooty! Smiley Happy  The candles look red to me.  I saw them presented and they look pretty.  I have the CI poinsettia candles from years ago, so won't be ordering these, otherwise I probably would have.

Yes, Valerie will have a new show which is supposed to be a mix of year round and holiday decor, I believe, and it begins next week.  Keep your eye on the program scheduling as Valerie has quite a few shows next week. Smiley Happy

@Hooty  lol I bet you wouldn't complain if someone called you 'hotty' would you?  Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I always think of you when I see a glitter conversation going on.  I'm still looking for the industrial size barrel of glitter to send to you.  LOL

Valerie's newer clear glass ornaments have a different kind of glitter than these bells do.  The newer ones have some bugle beads and larger glass like pieces as I recall on mine.  I love both of them.

@lucymo  I have a ton of Martha Stewart glitter that I bought at HSN a few years ago, so I am set for a while. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Oh shucks, I wanted to see the UPS guy rolling a barrel of glitter up past your gate. lol You know they haven't made a container that will hold glitter as it will find a hole somewhere.  I get packages that has glitter falling out when they bring it.

Martha Stewart knew how to use glitter.  I used to love to watch her shows.  She is such a good craft instructor.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@mousiegirl  Oh shucks, I wanted to see the UPS guy rolling a barrel of glitter up past your gate. lol You know they haven't made a container that will hold glitter as it will find a hole somewhere.  I get packages that has glitter falling out when they bring it.

Martha Stewart knew how to use glitter.  I used to love to watch her shows.  She is such a good craft instructor.

@lucymo  Did you see Valerie's new angels?  I voiced my opinion somewhere, lol, did get them.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@lucymo  Did you see Valerie's new angels?  I voiced my opinion somewhere, lol, did get them.

@mousiegirl  I did see those angels this morning.  I have a set of her older Angels that are very similiar.  I haven't been using them in the past couple of years.  These are really pretty though.  I also like the snowmen but I donated my snowman collection so don't need them.  Glad you were able to get them.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise  LOL, that's all.  I can just see you out there blowing glitter.  If it's as windy in NE as it is here just hang your stuff outside.  It about blew me off the highway, hoping it quiets down shortly.

I think you'll love the bells, glitter and all.  If it's too much we know what to do, don't we?  Smiley Happy 

@Susan Louise, I'm not ever laughing AT you, but I laugh at the visual of you out there really taking care of business with your trusty leaf blower and safety goggles, creating a massive glitter blizzard as you work.  LOL.  Yes, I am sometimes way too easily amused, but I admit that I love to laugh at the silliest of things.  Again, not laughing at you, but at the visual... :-)  I'm sure lucy is the same, and probably others.  It's good to laugh. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I'm not sure how exactly to "float" my threads to the top, or if I would want or need to do it.  One question:  Can you float only specific threads of your own to the top, or does floating your threads move ALL of your threads to the top? 

@SHOPR  Specific threads.  I want easy access to threads I begin, and at any point I can change the float so that they will move down and eventually disappear into the abyss of threads, lol, but for pictures, I definitely want easy access to them, and to responses. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Thanks.  I can see where that might be helpful.  I need to play around with my settings one day and see if I can figure out how to do that, and if I like it that way, or if it totally confuses me, which is easy to do.  :-)

For now, I rely mostly on Notifications I receive, to remind me of whatever I most recently asked or said.  I also have my account set up to show the most recent activity (can't remember if it's the most recent threads or the most recent replies) at the top of the holiday forum thread list. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I'm not sure how exactly to "float" my threads to the top, or if I would want or need to do it.  One question:  Can you float only specific threads of your own to the top, or does floating your threads move ALL of your threads to the top? 

@SHOPR  Specific threads.  I want easy access to threads I begin, and at any point I can change the float so that they will move down and eventually disappear into the abyss of threads, lol, but for pictures, I definitely want easy access to them, and to responses. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Thanks.  I can see where that might be helpful.  I need to play around with my settings one day and see if I can figure out how to do that, and if I like it that way, or if it totally confuses me, which is easy to do.  :-)

For now, I rely mostly on Notifications I receive, to remind me of whatever I most recently asked or said.  I also have my account set up to show the most recent activity (can't remember if it's the most recent threads or the most recent replies) at the top of the holiday forum thread list. 

@SHOPR  At the top of a page there are "options."  Mouse that and a list will come up, just mouse float to top and you can float yours or anyone's thread.  I do this with threads that I frequent. saves time in looking for them daily. Smiley Happy