Honored Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S UPCOMING SHOWS 8/22-9/1

@mousiegirl wrote:

I just viewed the Sneak Peek items, and I see a few that interest me, one I may already have so have to look for it here so I don't buy a duplicate, I know what I have is similar if not the same.

Most items I don't have room for, even if interested, so that takes the debating out of my mind, lol.

I received the TSV lantern yesterday, really nice except there is a corner where the frost was not applied, but if I keep it, I can turn it to the wall, should not have to do this, but defects happen in mass produced items.  I have two more on advance order, one black for DD, and the other bronze for me, may cancel the bronze.  I wasn't able to get the battery cover in, way too tight, but DH was able to, do not like that I need help with this, difficult enough to have to turn the lantern upside down to get the batteries in.

@mousiegirl 

That doesn't sound real encouraging.  At least maybe your battery cover may get easier with use -- if you keep the lantern, that is.

I ordered it in ivory and I see it's just now shipped.  I hope it doesn't have any flaws.  I had ordered the Luminara lantern TSV and wasn't happy with the door closure.  

Honored Contributor

Just received the four wicker baskets she had recently. They are very nice, well made, and I know I am going to love putting at least two of them in the guest bedroom and bathroom.

Occasional Contributor

Wasn’t Valerie supposed to have Harvest shows on 9/1? They are no longer listed in the Program Guide on the website.
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I just viewed the Sneak Peek items, and I see a few that interest me, one I may already have so have to look for it here so I don't buy a duplicate, I know what I have is similar if not the same.

Most items I don't have room for, even if interested, so that takes the debating out of my mind, lol.

I received the TSV lantern yesterday, really nice except there is a corner where the frost was not applied, but if I keep it, I can turn it to the wall, should not have to do this, but defects happen in mass produced items.  I have two more on advance order, one black for DD, and the other bronze for me, may cancel the bronze.  I wasn't able to get the battery cover in, way too tight, but DH was able to, do not like that I need help with this, difficult enough to have to turn the lantern upside down to get the batteries in.

@mousiegirl 

That doesn't sound real encouraging.  At least maybe your battery cover may get easier with use -- if you keep the lantern, that is.

I ordered it in ivory and I see it's just now shipped.  I hope it doesn't have any flaws.  I had ordered the Luminara lantern TSV and wasn't happy with the door closure.  

@geezerette   Today, I noticed a white and an ivory listed, only saw the white on the day, and that was described as cream so I cancelled it as I wanted white.   If the white was cream, why an ivory which is the same, basically an off-white, confusing.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@geezerette   Today, I noticed a white and an ivory listed, only saw the white on the day, and that was described as cream so I cancelled it as I wanted white.   If the white was cream, why an ivory which is the same, basically an off-white, confusing.

@mousiegirl 

I was a little confused when I ordered it, but because it was listed as in stock and when I checked out it said advance order.  I got it in ten days anyway.🤷‍♀️  

There was a white and cream offered--the white looked like a definite white, and the ivory looked to be a definite cream shade to me, and I watched several presentations to see the difference.  It took me a while to decide between the two and in the end I went for the ivory.  I'm glad I did.  I got the lantern the other day and the shade is perfect for what I wanted.

It is a definite ivory, or what used to be called in appliances, almond.  Obviously not white.  So if the white is a true white, there would be quite a difference between the two.

I don't remember what the descriptions were of each.  I've gotten so that I don't always believe what the hosts say anymore.  So many don't give accurate descriptions or seem to even know much about the products.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@mousiegirl 

I was a little confused when I ordered it, but because it was listed as in stock and when I checked out it said advance order.  I got it in ten days anyway.🤷‍♀️  

There was a white and cream offered--the white looked like a definite white, and the ivory looked to be a definite cream shade to me, and I watched several presentations to see the difference.  It took me a while to decide between the two and in the end I went for the ivory.  I'm glad I did.  I got the lantern the other day and the shade is perfect for what I wanted.

It is a definite ivory, or what used to be called in appliances, almond.  Obviously not white.  So if the white is a true white, there would be quite a difference between the two.

I don't remember what the descriptions were of each.  I've gotten so that I don't always believe what the hosts say anymore.  So many don't give accurate descriptions or seem to even know much about the products.

@geezerette   The white on set looked white, but the rep was shown at the same time and she said it was more of a cream, and the one she had with her was dfinitely not white, I had wanted the whoite for DD, but a day later, the CI ribbon lantern was presented and the white was white, but I got both of us red, lol, will look nice next to the tree, I think.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@mousiegirl 

@geezerette   The white on set looked white, but the rep was shown at the same time and she said it was more of a cream, and the one she had with her was dfinitely not white, I had wanted the whoite for DD, but a day later, the CI ribbon lantern was presented and the white was white, but I got both of us red, lol, will look nice next to the tree, I think.

@mousiegirl 

😆

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters! 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ZipItKaren wrote:
Wasn’t Valerie supposed to have Harvest shows on 9/1? They are no longer listed in the Program Guide on the website.

Valerie announced on her Facebook page and I believe on one of her live shows that the remaining Harvest shows were cancelled due to product availability and shipping issues. She stated that she would try to keep everyone updated when/if any new Harvest items are added to the QVC inventory.  You can also search Valerie Parr Hill new harvest items on the QVC website from time to time. 

Respected Contributor

@SueSueB wrote:

@ZipItKaren wrote:

Valerie announced on her Facebook page and I believe on one of her live shows that the remaining Harvest shows were cancelled due to product availability and shipping issues. She stated that she would try to keep everyone updated when/if any new Harvest items are added to the QVC inventory.  You can also search Valerie Parr Hill new harvest items on the QVC website from time to time. 

@SueSueB Thanks for the update.  I think we all wondered at the wisdom of selling harvest items that weren't going to arrive until the end of the season.  I imagine sales were limited once people realized how much of a delay in shipping they would experience.