Honored Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK FOR 9/5

@froggy wrote:

Oh my! I was hoping I wouldn't like anything. Wrong. I'm really likeing those plaid pumpkins and the owls. And the sunflower and berry filler - exactly what I've been looking for.

Well, my DH didn't complain about the things I ordered from Grandin Road so I guess he won't complain about these either.

@froggy  You could pick up this sort of filler at any craft store for practically nothing.  I think $27 or so is way too much for this item.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Such cute plaid pumpkins and gourds! I will hopefully pass on them but the presentation may get me. 

Other than the yet-to-be posted stacked pumpkins, which I'm curious about, I will be resisting everything again this visit.   What's wrong with me! LOL

@SHOPR  I don't know about the stacked pumpkins re lighting, but I don't like the fact that the pierced have affixed candles because dust will obviously get in and there would be no way to wipe out the inside, this is what may hold me back on these, though I do like the ivory.

@mousiegirl - Although it's not a perfect solution, the canned air used for cleaning keyboards works fairly well for "dusting" items with little nooks and crannies...

@loriqvc  Since there is no opening, is the canned air just sprayed into it from the tiny pierced holes?

By the way, apparently we are paying mostly for internet through comcast, so only $50-60.00 for cable, so we are leaving this be for now.  I kept your notes. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Such cute plaid pumpkins and gourds! I will hopefully pass on them but the presentation may get me. 

Other than the yet-to-be posted stacked pumpkins, which I'm curious about, I will be resisting everything again this visit.   What's wrong with me! LOL

@SHOPR  I don't know about the stacked pumpkins re lighting, but I don't like the fact that the pierced have affixed candles because dust will obviously get in and there would be no way to wipe out the inside, this is what may hold me back on these, though I do like the ivory.

@mousiegirl - Although it's not a perfect solution, the canned air used for cleaning keyboards works fairly well for "dusting" items with little nooks and crannies...

@loriqvc  Since there is no opening, is the canned air just sprayed into it from the tiny pierced holes?

By the way, apparently we are paying mostly for internet through comcast, so only $50-60.00 for cable, so we are leaving this be for now.  I kept your notes. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl - Yes, in theory, you just spray through whatever opening you can with the item positioned so that dust and debris would come out the other side (so with the pumpkin, you'd probably want to tilt it to spray through from side to side and have the stuff come out the "bottom" side). I obviously can't be certain how effective that would be since I don't have the pumpkin for reference, but it would at least help a little with dust buildup.

I wondered what had happened with your streaming TV investigations--good luck with all of that! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc, I had not noticed that about the fruit placement, etc.  I'll be zoned in closely during presentation for sure!

@mousiegirl, I am looking for a larger pumpkin/gourd item for my front porch steps, something that from a distance looks somewhat realistic, even if up close, from my view, it doesn't.  That is leaving me with only the latest stacked pumpkins to consider, from QVC, at least. They are thinner than they are wide, which is another plus. 

I don't like the lack of neatness of the painted leaves and vines when looking at the pics I've seen so far, though, and I'm scared of the potential price.  Waiting patiently until tomorrow to find out more on this. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@loriqvc, I had not noticed that about the fruit placement, etc.  I'll be zoned in closely during presentation for sure!

@mousiegirl, I am looking for a larger pumpkin/gourd item for my front porch steps, something that from a distance looks somewhat realistic, even if up close, from my view, it doesn't.  That is leaving me with only the latest stacked pumpkins to consider, from QVC, at least. They are thinner than they are wide, which is another plus. 

I don't like the lack of neatness of the painted leaves and vines when looking at the pics I've seen so far, though, and I'm scared of the potential price.  Waiting patiently until tomorrow to find out more on this. 

@SHOPR  It is good that Valerie made the pierced so that the leaves and berries can be removed.  Storage is an issue with these as they are big.

I think the stacked are pretty, but too large for me.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  It is good that Valerie made the pierced so that the leaves and berries can be removed.  Storage is an issue with these as they are big.

@SHOPR  Well, I won't be buying it as it has lead in it and Californians cannot receive anything with lead in it.  I can't imagine why anything is manufactured with lead in it.  Customer Service told me to contact the manufacturer, how ABSURD!

Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair of the shutter lamps in blue for my family room. They are adorable and the reviews are really good. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  Well, I won't be buying it as it has lead in it and Californians cannot receive anything with lead in it.  I can't imagine why anything is manufactured with lead in it.  Customer Service told me to contact the manufacturer, how ABSURD!

@mousiegirl - Actually, contacting the manufacturer and requesting that they update their product disclaimer with QVC is the only way you'd be able to place your order, since QVC cannot allow distribution of the item under Prop. 65 without the appropriate product details from the manufacturer. This issue has become a major one over the past few days with all the vendors who apparently have not yet complied with the new rules, leaving QVC and its CA customers in the lurch.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl - Actually, contacting the manufacturer and requesting that they update their product disclaimer with QVC is the only way you'd be able to place your order, since QVC cannot allow distribution of the item under Prop. 65 without the appropriate product details from the manufacturer. This issue has become a major one over the past few days with all the vendors who apparently have not yet complied with the new rules, leaving QVC and its CA customers in the lurch.

@loriqvc  How do you suggest I contact the manufacturer in China?

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl - Sadly, I'm not saying it is actually a feasible thing to do; I was just trying to point out that the service rep was not being facetious and this truly is a manufacturer issue. <=|