Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK FOR 9/5

Don't miss Valerie's final harvest show--starting now! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

It will cost me $111 total if I order this:

H216459 Indoor/Outdoor Oversized Carved Pumpkin Stack by Valerie

Indoor/Outdoor Oversized Carved Pumpkin Stack by Valerie - H216459

It is 22-1/2" tall, which I don't think of as all that huge and oversized for a stack of 3 pumpkins. 

I'm not able to comprehend what seem like waay high prices on the "oversized" items such as this, particularly when they are made of resin, which can break.   Anyone able to offer a logical explanation?

I really like the looks of it, though.  Sigh...

@SHOPR - I am watching this item being presented, and it turns out that it is really narrow! I definitely don't understand the pricing for an item like this. It is attractive overall, but the skinny profile and squattiness of the bottom two pumpkins leave me underwhelmed.

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

It will cost me $111 total if I order this:

H216459 Indoor/Outdoor Oversized Carved Pumpkin Stack by Valerie

Indoor/Outdoor Oversized Carved Pumpkin Stack by Valerie - H216459

It is 22-1/2" tall, which I don't think of as all that huge and oversized for a stack of 3 pumpkins. 

I'm not able to comprehend what seem like waay high prices on the "oversized" items such as this, particularly when they are made of resin, which can break.   Anyone able to offer a logical explanation?

I really like the looks of it, though.  Sigh...

@SHOPR - I am watching this item being presented, and it turns out that it is really narrow! I definitely don't understand the pricing for an item like this. It is attractive overall, but the skinny profile and squattiness of the bottom two pumpkins leave me underwhelmed.

@loriqvc

@SHOPR

I so agree.  I can't believe the price of this, especially considering it is not even round.  I personally do not care for the skinny profile, especially at that price.  Very disappointed.  I also had been interested in the single pierced pumpkin but by the time shipping and tax was added it would have come to almost $75 for me - more than I was willing to pay for a pumpkin.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sharing a screen shot of a pumpkin that was displayed just next to the stacked piece on the right.  It seemed not tiny and was more of what I think I'd like on my steps, meaning more realistic.  If I could find an assortment of two or three with that aged but realistic look, for less than the stacked piece, I'd be happy.  

I am dealing with returns/refunds right now for two different orders with fragile (ceramic) broken items, and it's so frustrating!  TjMaxx.com and Kirklands.com, not QVC.  Still, I'm so tired of this that I want to put my hands on something before paying for it.   But who am I kidding.  I'm sure I'll continue to order online. Cat Embarassed

Pumpkin.png

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm sharing a screen shot of a pumpkin that was displayed just next to the stacked piece on the right.  It seemed not tiny and was more of what I think I'd like on my steps, meaning more realistic.  If I could find an assortment of two or three with that aged but realistic look, for less than the stacked piece, I'd be happy.  

I am dealing with returns/refunds right now for two different orders with fragile (ceramic) broken items, and it's so frustrating!  TjMaxx.com and Kirklands.com, not QVC.  Still, I'm so tired of this that I want to put my hands on something before paying for it.   But who am I kidding.  I'm sure I'll continue to order online. Cat Embarassed

Pumpkin.png

@SHOPR  Have you checked craft stores such as Michael's for the pumpkin?  White is popular now, so I am sure they are around, but it depends upon what you have access to.  If I see any, I will let you know, but the only place I frequent is zulily.  Have you checked amazon, maybe too expensive there.

I am deep cleaning the kitchen now, then the Fall decor will be displayed, not as extravagant as prior years, had to devote much time to other projects this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR - Is it possible that's a real pumpkin? The bulges and bumps make it seem too realistic for a created piece. Either way, I hope you can find one for your collection!