Respected Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

@SHOPR wrote:

H215171 Glistening Santa or Snowman Figure:

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/71/h215171.008

I wonder if the snowman will have any plaid on it?  Now THAT might be interesting. 

I don't see anything I'm even the least bit excited about after looking at all of those pictures. More and more, I feel like I've seen it all before. 

The only two things I plan to get from QVC soon are H212553 VPH green wooden lantern, and Harry's H215781 Homeworx basketweave ceramic pumpkin candle.  I keep waiting for a deal like free shipping, as is, sale price, whatever, but nothing.  

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/71/h215171.008

@SHOPR

That's the only thing I saw that I even halfway liked! If the snowman is plaid also I might have to have both - depending on price of course.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help with the facebook thing.  I did get to see the pics.  You can understand why I don't text!  I guess after 65 years of being on this earth, I like things to be simpler, so I don't like to learn the new stuff.  I still have a land line and always will.  My kids tell me I live under a rock, but I tell them it's my rock and I like it.  Thanks again everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy, I wonder if the Santa's plaid is decoupaged?  Not that it would be a bad thing, just curious is all.  I'm not crafty.

The photo on Valerie's FB shows the plaid design lining up much differently from the QVC photo I posted. 

Image may contain: indoor and outdoor

Notice how the plaid looks on the back.  You can zoom in closely using this link:

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/71/h215171.004

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@froggy, I wonder if the Santa's plaid is decoupaged?  Not that it would be a bad thing, just curious is all.  I'm not crafty.

The photo on Valerie's FB shows the plaid design lining up much differently from the QVC photo I posted. 

Notice how the plaid looks on the back.  You can zoom in closely using this link:

@SHOPR

Hmmm. Yeah, you might be right. Could be decoupage was easier than painting plaid. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but I'd have to give it some thought as to where it would go so as not to show the back.

Esteemed Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help with the facebook thing.  I did get to see the pics.  You can understand why I don't text!  I guess after 65 years of being on this earth, I like things to be simpler, so I don't like to learn the new stuff.  I still have a land line and always will.  My kids tell me I live under a rock, but I tell them it's my rock and I like it.  Thanks again everyone!

@fingerlakesny - I'm glad you got things to work for you! I'm a younger whippersnapper, but I still prefer my landline and only use a pay-as-you-go cell phone for emergencies and for pre-call texting when it's late enough that family members or friends may be asleep. You can imagine how much flak I get from my peers when my mother uses her devices and social media about 10x more than I do. I think it's all a matter of preference. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

@fingerlakesny

I am older than you and I'm pretty device-literate but I PREFER being a luddite. I have no desire to be attached at the hip to everyone every minute of the day. Makes for a much more peaceful life.

Talking with all the ladies here is fun and relaxing.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl Thanks for the heads-up! I'm not going to be able to see much live, but I'll check in as much as I can. It' just so much fun to see all the wonderful sets Valerie and her team create. I especially want to see the JOY with the Holy Family. I have the very colorful and guilded set she offered years ago, and this one is a bit boring, but many of my friends have expressed interest.

JOY.jpg

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR

Hmmm. Yeah, you might be right. Could be decoupage was easier than painting plaid. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but I'd have to give it some thought as to where it would go so as not to show the back.

@froggy

@SHOPR

The plaid in this picture is nice and straight, at least on the front, but that's not true of the other picture @SHOPR posted, so it makes me wonder what would be the chances of getting one with misaligned plaid?

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  Why would Valerie okay this, looks terrible in the back.

Frequent Contributor

I just ordered a flocked tree from Valerie and I hope it's as pretty as I think it is. I'll put it in a corner in the living room as soon as it gets here. It's beautiful! Actually, I loved everything I saw and just wish I had a bigger house to decorate!!!