Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,532
Registered: ‎04-17-2013

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21


@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Notice how the plaid looks on the back.  You can zoom in closely using this link:

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/71/h215171.004


 

 

@SHOPR  Why would Valerie okay this, looks terrible in the back.


@mousiegirl, On mass-produced stuff like this, there's probably no way they would take time to cut, fold or trim neatly, assuming these do in fact have some kind of plaid layer pasted on. 

 

Just another example of these companies making stuff as quickly and cheaply as they can get away with.

Funny how the one in Valerie's FB photo is so perfect, from the front, at least.  Perhaps these companies send over neat samples, then produce sloppy follow-ups.

Super Contributor
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎09-09-2014

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

@mousiegirl

 

Thanks for posting MG......I have been trying to avoid the Holiday thread because I truly don't NEED anything else. Period. End of Story. Uh Huh. Yeah. Right.

 

I have only purchased the 6 piece Luminara candle set in charcoal. 

 

I loved the new plaid santa by Val but after looking at the back and seeing the mismatched print, it was a definite no go.

Super Contributor
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎09-09-2014

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

@odie96

 

Hi Odie, if it is the slim pencil tree I know you will LOVE it. Val also has the rotating tree stand pre-order back in stock! Hope you enjoy yours too.

Super Contributor
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎09-09-2014

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

@SHOPR

 

Thanks you for spotting that issue with the plaid Santa. I would have never noticed it. I love Valerie's things but I have had a few duds this year, in particular the sisal items and some of the battery boxes not being secure. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,808
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

The plaid santa is a no-go for me also. I liked it initially but after seeing that the plaid diesn't match on the sides as well as the back I don't think it is worth the money.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,167
Registered: ‎11-06-2011

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

UPDATE: The plaid Santa and the accompanying snowman (which has no plaid) are a One Day Only Value today...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 38,396
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21


@loriqvc wrote:

UPDATE: The plaid Santa and the accompanying snowman (which has no plaid) are a One Day Only Value today...


 

 

@loriqvc  The plaid Santa should be free due to the defect on the back of the robe.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,167
Registered: ‎11-06-2011

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

UPDATE: The plaid Santa and the accompanying snowman (which has no plaid) are a One Day Only Value today...


 

 

@loriqvc  The plaid Santa should be free due to the defect on the back of the robe.


@mousiegirl - There's no real way to know whether any of these items are going to defective until you receive them, but I'm always shocked at the pieces vendors and the Q pick to feature in selling an item. For example, the photos shared here indicate that the robe on the Santa could be pretty inconsistent, but it's possible that one or both photos were taken of pre-production items. As another example, when you look at virtually all of the Temp-tations photos online, you see some really bad paint jobs--there's a chance you could get pieces like that, but there's also a chance you'll get work from one of the artisans who actually does a good job so you'll end up with a great item.

 

Regardless, I don't decorate with Santas or snowmen, and I definitely don't allow glitter in the house, so I couldn't care less about these specific items . . . I just wanted to share the One Day Only value information. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 38,396
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21


@loriqvc wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

UPDATE: The plaid Santa and the accompanying snowman (which has no plaid) are a One Day Only Value today...


 

 

@loriqvc  The plaid Santa should be free due to the defect on the back of the robe.


@mousiegirl - There's no real way to know whether any of these items are going to defective until you receive them, but I'm always shocked at the pieces vendors and the Q pick to feature in selling an item. For example, the photos shared here indicate that the robe on the Santa could be pretty inconsistent, but it's possible that one or both photos were taken of pre-production items. As another example, when you look at virtually all of the Temp-tations photos online, you see some really bad paint jobs--there's a chance you could get pieces like that, but there's also a chance you'll get work from one of the artisans who actually does a good job so you'll end up with a great item.

 

Regardless, I don't decorate with Santas or snowmen, and I definitely don't allow glitter in the house, so I couldn't care less about these specific items . . . I just wanted to share the One Day Only value information. Smiley Happy


 

 

@loriqvc  The fact that the defective back of the Santa is showing in the item listing, tells me this is the way they are.  It will be interesting to see if Valerie will show the back during the presentation.  I have no interest in it, but I do have an interest in the quality of items for sale.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,726
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

I suppose if they are all that way, it’s not a defect. 🤣 Just cheap workmanship.