Honored Contributor

VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

[ Edited ]

Valerie Parr Hill added 84 new photos from September 20 to the album: Sept. 22-25 House to Home Sneak Peek.

Valerie brought a lot of new.  For anyone interested in the five angels with gift bags, I have two colors and they are adorable.

Respected Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEEK 9/21

Not everyone (including me) is involved with social media like FB and Twitter. Advised years ago to stay away - good advice. So why do vendors like Valerie put their informatioon there when they could display it on QVC's website and reach any of their customers who use the computer?  I'd personally appreciate being able to click in and see her offerings, but I'm not going to a social media site to see thwm. Sorry Valerie, but you lose potential buyers when you exclude us non Social Media buffs.

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Valerie Parr Hill added 84 new photos from September 20 to the album: Sept. 22-25 House to Home Sneak Peek.

Valerie brought a lot of new.  For anyone interested in the five angels with gift bags, I have two colors and they are adorable.

@mousiegirl - Thanks so much for posting this! We really do appreciate the link.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl, thanks for posting the link; my hopes are that nothing will say "I have to have it", at least anything that has some sort of motor inside (like the kaleidoscope tree).

Thanks again; I'm off to take a look.

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Not everyone (including me) is involved with social media like FB and Twitter. Advised years ago to stay away - good advice. So why do vendors like Valerie put their informatioon there when they could display it on QVC's website and reach any of their customers who use the computer?  I'd personally appreciate being able to click in and see her offerings, but I'm not going to a social media site to see thwm. Sorry Valerie, but you lose potential buyers when you exclude us non Social Media buffs.

@Perkup - Social media certainly has its problems, but sites like Facebook are central communication hubs for most people nowadays. In case you are not aware of this, you do not need to have a Facebook account to check out Valerie's sneak peek—you can just click the link provided here and view what she has posted, visiting the page as you would any other site on the Internet.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup  Because despite the pitfalls, there are still millions upon millions of people on FB and Instagram and those people share what they see and what they like.  So Valerie and other retailers know the traffic on social media opens the door to potential new customers — $$$.  Those dollars far outweigh the hazards that are mentioned in the news.  They also far outweigh customers that click on QVC.com.  It’s used for so much more than socializing, it’s a huge sales channel.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup

I do not and will not ever have a facebook acoount either. But you can view Valerie's pictures without an account. When the box pops up asking if you want to sign up just click the 'not now' button and you can then scroll through the pictures.

I'm not fooling my self that I have any privacy at all anymore but I do try not to exacerbate the problem!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi @mousiegirl...

thank you for posting....I think I may be safe but I will be watching 😊

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the link. I saw an item in the teaser ad which has been running; now I have an item number for it.  Sweet!

I don't do any social media.  And I recentley quit Facebook after way too many years of wasted time.  Now I choose what websites, blogs, and chats I really want to participate in.  Like this awesome place here!  Smiley Wink  However, I have found that any social media site, be it FB, IG, Pinterest, etc., if a person, place, or thing is trying to sell something, it will be a public page and anyone can view it.  It's a win-win situtation.  No need to have an account just to look.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Perkup  I am not involved in facebook or any other social media, but I can still see Valerie's items on her facebook page, use the link.