Valued Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S SNEAK PEAK IS SHOWING NOW

I like this one better than Val's. It would look better with a taller candle or maybe a small vignette, if it would fit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  Kirklands   9L x 9W x 24.5H in.  $29.99

Image result for red wood lantern

@mousiegirl - That's a pretty darn close match! Nice work. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG @mousiegirl I really like that style.  I think it must be sold out, though, or at least that's what the website is showing me.  No matter.  While looking on Kirkland's site just now, I was reminded of how many cute lanterns they have had in the past and apparently continue to have.  The right one will come along, I'm sure.  I just need to be patient and remember to browse around from time to time.  After seeing that Kirkland's one, I agree with @country gal, I like the style a little better than the VPH one.   Oh, and can you believe I still have a zulily credit I haven't spent?  I dare not go there regularly, though.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR  Oh, I am so sorry, I didn't see it, the print is so light.  Maybe if you see one you like, but it isn't red, you could paint it.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, You're right I could definitely attempt to paint one.  I kinda like the varied streaked way Valerie's are painted.  Now I doubt I could accomplish that as well, but I could give it a try.  I like the way both her red and green lanterns are finished. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, You're right I could definitely attempt to paint one.  I kinda like the varied streaked way Valerie's are painted.  Now I doubt I could accomplish that as well, but I could give it a try.  I like the way both her red and green lanterns are finished. 

@SHOPR  Lots of red metal lanterns, not many wood, but one day.  If I see any, I will let you know.

Super Contributor

Thank you, @LTT1

Super Contributor

Thank you, @SHOPR.  It was the little one I wanted.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@loriqvc, The only parts of the lantern I would possibly want to remove would be the metal designs (tree or holly) which appear to be stuck into the wood, and will probably come right out with pliers.  So I'd be interested in this exact lantern, or this lantern without those metal accents.  The inside will come empty, with a light strand included in the box,  but not attached in any way.  

Thanks for asking.  Please use caution when posting links to other retailers.  For the last few years, that is something that may get your posts deleted by a moderator.  They don't usually delete photos or typed info from other sites, though, only direct links.  :-)

@SHOPR - I'm not sure if this will influence your decision about the VPH lantern, but it was just listed on the Q website as a One Day Only Value... Smiley Happy

https://www.qvc.com/175%22-Wooden-Lantern-with-Metal-Design-%26-Microlights-by-Valerie.product.H2125...

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SHOPR - I'm not sure if this will influence your decision about the VPH lantern, but it was just listed on the Q website as a One Day Only Value... Smiley Happy

https://www.qvc.com/175%22-Wooden-Lantern-with-Metal-Design-%26-Microlights-by-Valerie.product.H2125...

@loriqvc, Thanks.  I am going to be rewatching the morning presentation on this.  It is tempting for sure.  Hoping I can resist, though.