Honored Contributor

VALERIE'S SHOWS 10/10-11 - WHAT DID YOU BUY?

[ Edited ]

I only bought the glittery candle rings she presented today with the garland and wreath, have plenty of garlands so passed on those, and a set of six (pale) green  glitter picks which were presented earlier this year, as I think they will be fun in my Spring vases with the lit Calla lilies on either side of my kitchen island.

Super Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S SHOW TODAY 10/25 - WHAT DID YOU BUY?

I haven't bought anything in awhile. I have enough stuff and am short on storage. I just had my second yard sale this year to get rid of stuff. Now I have to be really wowed to buy anything.

That said, did they present the fireplace screen? I see it listed in the show but no video. I love it. I forgot Valerie was on today.

Respected Contributor

Haven't been that impressed with Valeries offerings this season, very little has appealed and have not purchased anything.  Getting tired of spheres and mercury glass, would like to see some clear glass pedestals, candlesticks, etc. Been more impressed with Jill's taste, style and offerings in her home shows, all year for the last couple years.

Honored Contributor

@ChrissyKR wrote:

I haven't bought anything in awhile. I have enough stuff and am short on storage. I just had my second yard sale this year to get rid of stuff. Now I have to be really wowed to buy anything.

That said, did they present the fireplace screen? I see it listed in the show but no video. I love it. I forgot Valerie was on today.

@ChrissyKR  Yed, it was presented.

Respected Contributor

Isn’t it only 10/11...🤔😃.   But to your point, I bought the lit cardinals.  I thought they would look interesting in a table setting or arrangement.  I thought I would like the trees best, but they were too bright of a green when lit, so I settled for the cardinals.  If I decorated with peppermint and gingerbread, I would have had to buy the Santa hats...too cute.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing.  I'm good at this point.  This is the least I've purchased in years by this point in the year in terms of Christmas decor.  Most of it has to do with running out of space, but some of it has to do with just not being inspired by much of what has been offered.  I've only made three purchases from Valerie this whole season.  Two large finials, and one set of reindeer.  It seems like there have been so many different types of wreaths and garlands this year that it was overkill.  Remember last year how they offered dozens of different types of Christmas trees including Bethlehem Lights, ED on Air, Santa's Best, Temptations, and Hallmark?  I feel the same way about the wreaths and garlands for this year with Valerie.  

I'm bummed that we won't be getting any more Friday night shows.  They started this week last year, I believe.  I really crave some different looks.  Now that Lisa is gone, Jill is cancelled, Ellen is defunct, and Kringle Express is mostly junk, Valerie has the monopoly over all the decor.  It's mostly kitschy figurines, mercury glass and wreaths and garlands.  It's pretty, don't get me wrong, but it's starting to all look the same.  I'd happily trade in one show from Valerie from each of the last four months just to get 4 Friday nights of shows with Alberti and items he picked.  

Trusted Contributor

The little lit cardinals, and the porcelain ornaments.  I'm probably going to be sending the JOY and PEACE pillow ornaments back because I can't get the musty smell to go away.  I've tried everything that I can think of.  These 6 porcelain ornaments will replace them.  

BTW, if anyone has any ideas (I started another post a couple weeks ago about the pillows) on how I can eliminate the smell, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

I am so upset that Jill will not be doing any Christmas shows.  They have Shawn doing one on Friday night and I don't understand why Jill doesn't do one some other night.  It's getting ridiculous to me!!  I think Valerie is a really sweet person but I can buy most of the items she sells at Hobby Lobby or Home Goods.  Nothing is different.  Sad but true.  

Honored Contributor

@Nadine O wrote:

I am so upset that Jill will not be doing any Christmas shows.  They have Shawn doing one on Friday night and I don't understand why Jill doesn't do one some other night.  It's getting ridiculous to me!!  I think Valerie is a really sweet person but I can buy most of the items she sells at Hobby Lobby or Home Goods.  Nothing is different.  Sad but true.  

@Nadine O  Check the program guid, Jill has a show this month.

Super Contributor

I ordered the wreath, garlard and two sets of the candle rings. I really love this collection. I have enough garlards and wreaths also but this set is perfect to me. I just love the colors and the look of them. I also ordered two of the gem faceted hurricanes in gold yesterday and the joy tree in silver.