Esteemed Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S PORCELAIN GINGER JARS

@Oznell

@froggy,

I have this ginger jar in green:

https://www.qvc.com/75%22-Illuminated-Porcelain-Ginger-Jar-by-Valerie.product.H208625.html?sc=SRCH

While I have no issues with the quality of the materials or the design, I simply do not like to see the circular holes with light shining through them.  I took out the batteries after a short time, and now I just display it unlit at the far end of a large room, on a wooden corner shelf. 

It is one purchase that I regret, because I think in this case, I would have been happier with a similar ginger jar/urn without any holes, and that is something I probably could have found a lot cheaper out and about. 

Just something to think about when watching the videos and considering a pierced ceramic piece.  Lots of people love these, but I don't like the light coming through all of the little holes.  It stands out in an odd way in my home. 

HTH. 

Respected Contributor

I watched the video presentation of the LTS jars and the one that Valerie kept handling was wobbly when she set it down. I was going to get this one and the set of two smaller ones in red but the small ones were gone in red. I just decided to wait and see what other similar items I might find in the future - maybe of better quality.

Honored Contributor

Good points, @SHOPR and @froggy-- it's very valuable to have input like this before making a purchase.  Thanks!