Honored Contributor

VALERIE'S PORCELAIN GINGER JARS

I always think these are among the most timeless and elegant of Valerie's offerings, and noticed they are reduced in price:

https://www.qvc.com/Lit-135%22-Medallion-Porcelain-Ginger-Jar-by-Valerie.product.H211821.html?sc=SRC...

Not all of the colors in the ginger jars are still available, but in this version you can still get the gorgeous red, which would be so festive at Christmas, but stunning all year round.  It's not a standard Christmas red I think, but looks like a bright Chinese red leaning toward coral. 

I only have two ginger jars, in blue, which I got over 20 years ago, but they have that cosmopolitan look and give a "lift" wherever they're put....   Am curious whether anyone here has Valerie's, and if so, what are the colors like in real life?

Respected Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S PORCELAIN GINGER JARS

I really like those but I have so much home decor! They would have to replace something I already have. What to do?

Respected Contributor

I’ve always liked them too, but I need a red that leans toward a red delicious apple rather than coral 🍎🍎🍎

Honored Contributor

I have the same dilemma each of you have, @froggy and @Azcowgirl.   I already have too much, and when I do incorporate red, my reds tend to be more bluish than orangish...

Have been purging more extraneous, less timeless stuff lately, so could probably manage with good conscience (ha) a new ginger jar, for the drama and panache it bestows.  I always have to ask myself, does it offer some new, enhancing aspect, or does it boringly duplicate what I already have?  The "new" for me would be that it is illuminating, and there's nothing like the glow of light through porcelain...

Probably won't pull the trigger, but if I did, the chocolate color is what is calling my name.  I love the sophistication of brown and blue, so could mix with my old blue ginger jar.  Also, the chocolate is so neutral, and as Jill said, it has a lighter, bronzey look, so looks good with other bronze finishes I have.  Love these chunky squarish ones in chocolate, sigh:

https://www.qvc.com/%22As-Is%22-Set-of-2-Illuminated-55%22-Damask-Porcelain-Urns-by-Valerie.product....

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the look, @Oznell!  I've admired those as well.

I've had the same thought process, too - does it add, or just subtract from what I already have?  I have a few really pretty deep cobalt pieces (I love that as an accent) and I think I have enough.

I do like the chocolate, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia---  a kindred "decor" spirit!

Respected Contributor

The thing is my normal "non-holiday" decor is my hutch full of Polish Stoneware. I think the blue would break the look up nicely. Maybe one large and two small ones? Sonce there are a lot of pink accents in my PS maybe even the red would look good.

Honored Contributor

Not to be an "enabler", but that sounds so pretty, @froggy!

Esteemed Contributor

Be sure to check out the Lunchtime Specials today—one of Valerie's jars is among the offerings...

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc, thanks for the heads-up!