Honored Contributor

VALERIE'S PAIR OF ROOSTER AND PUMPKIN FIGURES

I've been curious about these for a few years!  Does anyone here have them?  A few reviews suggest they are dark, but I clicked on the picture with them in front of a black framed mirror.  I didn't think the roosters looked too, too dark.

To me they do have a rather charming, vintage-y look, which is a plus.  It's probably a long shot since these have been around for years, but would appreciate if anyone has them, you giving me your assessment!

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-2-13%22-Rooster-and-Pumpkin-Figure-by-Valerie.product.H197291.html?sc=SRC...

Respected Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S PAIR OF ROOSTER AND PUMPKIN FIGURES

I bought those a few years ago because I decorate a lot with roosters. I wanted them only for fall decorating. They are cute and a good size. But they are one of those items I tired of and I had so many nicer things I donated them. Nothing bad to say and I didn't think they were too dark - they are a little on the dull (not shiny) side.

Regular Contributor

I bought these a few years ago.  I also collect roosters and love decorating in the fall with pumpkins.  I like them a lot.  I don’t think they are too dark.  However, when I was vacuuming one day, the cord knocked over one of them and it broke into so many pieces  that there was no way it could be glued back together.  The material they are made of is very thin so they are delicate.  So now I have one.  

Honored Contributor

Hey, @froggy and @Scooty, thank you so much for your prompt responses to my inquiry!  Your information is very helpful.

@Scooty, I have noticed that these tall, resin items are fragile too.  I had the set of two staggered pinecone candle holders from years ago, and my son knocked one over and I was surprised at all the "smithereens" it broke into...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, @froggy and @Scooty, thank you so much for your prompt responses to my inquiry!  Your information is very helpful.

@Scooty, I have noticed that these tall, resin items are fragile too.  I had the set of two staggered pinecone candle holders from years ago, and my son knocked one over and I was surprised at all the "smithereens" it broke into...

@Oznell  Resin, and a mix of resin/polystone, etc. are all very fragile, break very easily. not like the days when things were made of ceramic or porcelain.hardly an breakage, now, I have so many glued back together items it is sickening.  

Regular Contributor

oznell - the rooster and pumpkin figures are now on “last clicks”.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Scooty!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell  I find that ALL resin items are fragile, never had so many glued together items.  Ceramic is much stronger.