Honored Contributor

Re: VALEERI'S LAST SHOWS OF THE YEAR

@DREAMON wrote:

Sad news...I feel rushed. The last shows should be right after Thanksgiving IMOWoman Sad

I am decorated fully by then but I still enjoy the shows and might see something that interests me to add to my decor.

@DREAMON  Valerie has a family so needs time to decorate, etc.  Sad, but she will be back in Spring.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON. I agree...Early November is far too early. I haven't even started my Christmas Decorating then.......Some people are just starting to shop for new decor....I wonder if Valerie wanted the time off for Family, and her own decorating, shopping,etc.......??

@CANDLEQUEEN  Yes, she has a family, and she is still working on next years decor all the time she is presenting this year, a very busy lady.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Seriously?  11/6?  What the heck is the big rush?  Are they going to jump right into spring garden stuff before Thanksgiving?

@chrystaltree  Spring decor will probably appear in February/March.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's Valerie who wants the time off, I think it's QVC and scheduling.  Remember last year QVC canceled all of Jills decor shows and made them gift shows?  No rhyme or reason and a lot of people were upset and complaining on Jill's FB page. She directed them to complain to QVC and said it wasn't her decision.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't think it's Valerie who wants the time off, I think it's QVC and scheduling.  Remember last year QVC canceled all of Jills decor shows and made them gift shows?  No rhyme or reason and a lot of people were upset and complaining on Jill's FB page. She directed them to complain to QVC and said it wasn't her decision.

@Lipstickdiva - Every year, Valerie specifically mentions that she takes November and December off to spend her holidays with her family. I'm guessing the Q would keep her around for longer if it could.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Yes .....I don't think it's necessary to have the vendor present to do a decor show. Lisa and Jill did the holiday shows without the vendors present. Something is different and I agree @Lipstickdiva...I think QVC has the say in this. Jill was disappointed they changed her shows last year.

I liked her themed shows with different styles of Christmas Decor. 

Alberti could be used for Decor Shows..he is very talented in Home Decor....I guess I will have to find something else to watch because those Gift Shows are a repetitious snoozefest.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info @mousiegirl! Valerie's shows are usually on when I'm working, so I don't get to see the live presentation. I would love to see decorating shows up to the end of November - and in the evening and on weekends when I'm home. The kitchen gift shows are fun, too. Ring door bell, Swiffer, Halo and Dyson - not so much.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Thanks for the info @mousiegirl! Valerie's shows are usually on when I'm working, so I don't get to see the live presentation. I would love to see decorating shows up to the end of November - and in the evening and on weekends when I'm home. The kitchen gift shows are fun, too. Ring door bell, Swiffer, Halo and Dyson - not so much.

@PA Mom-mom  I watch Christmas dvds while decorating, and some old Christmas sitcoms that I recorded decades ago on VHS, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhardt, etc., all Christmas themes, and have an eight episode Christmas set of Ozzie & Harriet Nelson that are hysterical, lol.  I also play Christmas Vacation every year, though I have never sat down and watched it, just glance at the tv every so often, mostly listen, and what would Christmas be without Christmas Story.  These all put me in the mood, but then I am pretty much in the mood all year.

Granted there are no decorating ideas in these shows, lol, but they are so much fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom  I watch Christmas dvds while decorating, and some old Christmas sitcoms that I recorded decades ago on VHS, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhardt, etc., all Christmas themes, and have an eight episode Christmas set of Ozzie & Harriet Nelson that are hysterical, lol.  I also play Christmas Vacation every year, though I have never sat down and watched it, just glance at the tv every so often, mostly listen, and what would Christmas be without Christmas Story.  These all put me in the mood, but then I am pretty much in the mood all year.

Granted there are no decorating ideas in these shows, lol, but they are so much fun.

@mousiegirl I totally agree that I'm in the mood pretty much all of the year. I do what you do and watch the Christmas movies. I don't have the old TV shows, but I'll bet some smart TV savvy persone could pull them up for me. Our family usually watches Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story together. It's like a talk-along. That's like a sing-along, but with dialoge.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@mousiegirl I totally agree that I'm in the mood pretty much all of the year. I do what you do and watch the Christmas movies. I don't have the old TV shows, but I'll bet some smart TV savvy persone could pull them up for me. Our family usually watches Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story together. It's like a talk-along. That's like a sing-along, but with dialoge.

@PA Mom-mom  this is the dvd I mentioned at amazon for $5.98, can't beat that!

Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet: Christmas Collection - 8 Episodes