• 11/02/2018 7AM-9AM  PST

House to Home by Valerie - Holiday Edition 

• 11/06/2018 11AM-1PM  PST

House to Home by Valerie - Holiday Edition  

Apparently, she will visit Shaun's show on the 23rd 7PM PST

Honored Contributor

Re: VALEERI'S LAST SHOWS OF THE YEAR

[ Edited ]

Sad news...I feel rushed. The last shows should be right after Thanksgiving IMOWoman Sad

I am decorated fully by then but I still enjoy the shows and might see something that interests me to add to my decor.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON. I agree...Early November is far too early. I haven't even started my Christmas Decorating then.......Some people are just starting to shop for new decor....I wonder if Valerie wanted the time off for Family, and her own decorating, shopping,etc.......??

Honored Contributor

Seriously?  11/6?  What the heck is the big rush?  Are they going to jump right into spring garden stuff before Thanksgiving?

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DREAMON. I agree...Early November is far too early. I haven't even started my Christmas Decorating then.......Some people are just starting to shop for new decor....I wonder if Valerie wanted the time off for Family, and her own decorating, shopping,etc.......??

I guess we will see tons of those gift shows that feature the same items over and over again.....that's what happened last year. 

I miss the years when Lisa and Jill had the Holiday shows.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I guess we will see tons of those gift shows that feature the same items over and over again.....that's what happened last year. 

I miss the years when Lisa and Jill had the Holiday shows.

@DREAMON. Me too! I hate all of those Gift Shows, they start with them far too early and they go on and on with the same stuff......I generally don't watch much after Thanksgiving.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN @DREAMON @chrystaltree

Folks think a moment---

If these shows are on 11/2 and 11/6 and it takes a week to 10 days for you to receive a shipment that puts arrival time at  ---11/12 and 11/16---it could be later....And with Thanksgiving being on 11/22 this year and majority start Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving the timeline for the shows seem appropriate...what if something arrives broken or doesnt work properly and you want a replacement sent to you????...............

If you decorate later with shipping time involved better to shop locally because in December USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex start getting mighty busy and deliveries could take longer because people start gift shopping then...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The reason for the early end to Valerie's shows is that she requests it—she has always said that November and December are dedicated to spending time with her family.

Jill will still have her holiday decorating and entertaining shows going for six or seven weeks on Q2 (every Monday night) plus occasional shows on the main channel, so that will provide some respite from all the "everything in our inventory qualifies as a gift and you must buy something for anyone you've ever met" shows.

Honored Contributor

This is pretty much the way it always is. 

We always tell the naysayers during CIJ that the best selection and prices are then. But so many people insist they won't shop till the season.

If you think about it, it's the way of the brick and mortar too. The holiday stuff has been out in most stores for a couple of months already. There won't be new or exciting there either, but by November, a picked over mess to choose from.

I know so many want to do it on their schedule, but when it comes to buying decor (any holiday, any season) you just have to do it when the retailers bring it in, or be willing to take the leftovers. 

I too would like to see holiday decor shows up till at least the week of Thanksgiving, but with QVC's slow shipping, it wouldn't be in homes till the first of December or after. And with everyone else selling early, they probably wouldn't move the product at that late date, and be stuck with it, and why they don't have the shows that late. 

It would be nice if among the hideous gift shows this time of year pushing dusters and scrubbies as the perfect gifts (and I agree, they can be for the right people), they thought ahead to home decor gifts that had a bit of a holiday slant for November and December programming. 

Decor shows that feature flameless candles/lanterns, seasonless candle pedestals, real candles in winter/holiday/foodie fragrances, things to create vignettes all year with, like trays and decorative boxes, baskets, seasonless wreaths, candle rings, dining and serving pieces, etc. 

Those kind of shows would be able to show how to use those things for holiday and beyond, be useful as gifting ideas too. 

Just something home related that isn't the same old things they push all year every year, then box up for holiday in larger quantities. 

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc. I kind of figured it was Valerie who wanted the time to spend with her own family.......