Honored Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S LANTERN IS HERE

@RazorSharp wrote:

Interesting. While I feel the Christmas lantern is too packed, I think the Autumn one looks kind of sparce.  I think the mini lanterns and tree are cute, but the wagon looks like a child's toy to me.  

@RazorSharp

I'm with you on these. I like the ideas and the concept, but feel something is lost in the translation of having it made.

They just look slightly cheap to me. I think, it has to do with colors (for me anyway), and the quality of the inserts. They just don't come off as high end like the scenes under glass did.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp, Good point.  The wagon is small.  I think I'll be able to overlook that, though, if I'm given the chance to buy just the harvest lantern without having to buy the other one.  (The fall tree has bedhead LOL)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@RazorSharp, Good point.  The wagon is small.  I think I'll be able to overlook that, though, if I'm given the chance to buy just the harvest lantern without having to buy the other one.  (The fall tree has bedhead LOL)

@SHOPR  Bedhead...ooonooo.gif

Thanks for posting the pics of the Fall lantern. It's somewhat tempting, but I think because there is so much open space in the scene, it doesn't look quite right to me. Maybe they should have added say...a smaller red maple tree to the right of the other tree as a filler.

Then I thought...since I put out 6+ hurricanes/lanterns for the Fall and or holiday season, I can't justify buying these...

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, I loooove the fall lantern!  I might go ahead & order the auto delivery, return the red which will give me the fall one since CIJ items can be returned in Jan.  I am liking the more minimalist approach!  Thanks for posting, I think, lol.  

Respected Contributor

Now you've got me looking at the sets for a peak.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  Bedhead...ooonooo.gif

Thanks for posting the pics of the Fall lantern. It's somewhat tempting, but I think because there is so much open space in the scene, it doesn't look quite right to me. Maybe they should have added say...a smaller red maple tree to the right of the other tree as a filler.

Then I thought...since I put out 6+ hurricanes/lanterns for the Fall and or holiday season, I can't justify buying these...

I agree, it's too much open space, but also the tree is full on autumn color but the grass is green and no stray leaves on the ground!  I think sprinkling some tiny autumn leaves on the base would be a big improvement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JMO, but the tree in the Christmas/Holiday lantern that looks like there is a hurrcane with the tree bent over like that...really looks 'off' for the scene...

More like something for a Halloween...

The tree with bare limbs should be standing straight up...

SMH

Esteemed Contributor

Not that it's important, but out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know which VPH figurines from the past were designed by the CA artist who designed the lantern scenes? 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Not that it's important, but out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know which VPH figurines from the past were designed by the CA artist who designed the lantern scenes? 

I think Valerie said the church and one of the other scenes from the cloche series.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 Thanks.  I didn't catch that part.