Honored Contributor

Was it all you expected it to be?  I kept changing the channel as I wasn't interested in most of the items.  Anyone buy anything?

I thought the three box set with Santa trim was expensive.  I bought the chocolate diamond lit hurricane/vase, but cancelled because I thought it was too short and not very wide on top for arrangements, but it is very pretty.

There were a few items i wanted, but they weren't on easy pay, so I passed on them.  I wish Q would not play this game, just offer easy pay always as HSN does.

I bought a lot of the TSV Bethlehem twig sets, and only a few other items, many more shows to come

Honored Contributor
I purchased the cardinal burlap spheres that were on in the morning.
They were pretty stingy with easy pays this time.
Respected Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S FINALE SHOW

[ Edited ]

I managed to buy not a single item so far. Still plan to keep watching though. I decorated in red white and black, and black gingham ribbon last Christmas.

Eta.....Also, Hobby Lobby just opened near me so I feel much less likely to be tempted to order and pay shipping and handling.

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched any of the shows, but I had already bought the plaid blanket and the poinsettia candle rings.  I didn't see anything else that I wanted.  I'm curious if Martha Stewart will be bringing any holiday figural Luminara candles.  Those pumpkins from last year are among my top 10 favorite QVC purchases.

Valued Contributor

I didn’t buy a single thing all weekend. I fell asleep several times during Val’s last show, too. I thought the event was a bust for a few different reasons.

First, the lack of 5 or 6 Easy Pays was a big turn off, because it made me feel like QVC didn’t care about the event or the customers. After a weekend of free shipping and 6 Easy Pays on Philosophy, CIJ looked like the red-headed step child. For those who actually made multiple purchases, it must have been a big nut to handle.

Second, the pricing seemed really outrageous, particularly on food. I noticed how while prices remained the same from previous years on offers lfrom companies like Harry London chocolates and Landies Pretzels, they decreased the amount of food in those offers. I felt insulted by most of the pricing. It was as if they thought we would just swallow whatever they put out there, but we are smarter customers than they give us credit. 

Finally, this was the leanest CIJ in recent memory in terms of new offerings. While Valerie brought a lot of new items, if you really look at the other usual vendors, you’ll see that they didn’t bring much new inventory. Some vendors were absent all together or treated the event like it was a clearance fest. Harry Slatkin peddling year old candles was insulting. He was like a birthday party guest who showed up without a present. No cake for you, Harry.

if they’re going to skimp on easy pay and shipping, not give good sale prices, and not offer a healthy number of new products, then they should just skip the event. Honestly, I would rather they start dedicating one evening a week starting in early October and ending in mid-November during which they offer only all new decor. They have 2 other networks to peddle clearance items.

Trusted Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed the programming this weekend including VPH.  I recently purchased the VPH kaleidoscope tree and it is amazing.   The shows this weekend were a great respite from matresses, pressure cookers, fashion/shoes and vacuums. I made no purchases. I put some things on my wish list.  There will be more choices to come. 

Contributor

I loved the show last night! I bought way too many things and I thought Valerie was great with Rick.

Trusted Contributor

@Mazie G wrote:

I loved the show last night! I bought way too many things and I thought Valerie was great with Rick.

Rick was the best I've seen him in years.  No hyperactivity.  When I saw he was the host I thought I would not be able to watch but he let Val do her thing and the show was great. 

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing I bought all weekend was Mrs. P's pretzels.  I saw part of Valerie's show last night w/Rick.  I must say I thought Rick did a great job w/Valerie and she seemed to enjoy working w/him.

I am not buying anymore Christmas decorations.  I have too many already!

Respected Contributor

Well, I had no intention of buying anything but I ended up with two of the frosted flass hurricanes with Christmas scenes (H219486), the oversized snuggable snowmen set and the kid set also (H219531 & H219532) and the set of 3 grapevine snowy trees (H219577). Still it's not as much as I have purchased in the past so I don't feel too bad. They are items I really loved. 

I too hope Martha brings some nice things.