Honored Contributor

VALERIE'S CHUBBY BIRDS NOW "AS IS" PRICE

OK, it's the eve of the big CIJ sale, and everyone's focused on the new holiday goodies in store.  But these adorable, chunky, tactile birds always capture my attention, whether at the new "as is" price, or not.

H220127
"As Is" Set of 2 Ceramic Bird Figurines by Valerie

These days, I like decor that can swing all year round, since I've been paring things down.  These sizeable cuties, in the ivory especially, I think would look great at Christmas, nestled in with holiday red or green--  they almost have a vaguely "dove" look.  Very overfed doves.

They're just so cute, with sweet expressions-- very important in bird figurines.  The crackle finish is one I'm always drawn to--  looks antique.

Someone complained that the ivory ones are too "yellow", and I was wondering what others who have them thought about that?  Is the color still within the "creamy" family, or do they give a strong yellowish feeling?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S CHUBBY BIRDS NOW "AS IS" PRICE

I have these birds and love them!  Mine are definately a creamy ivory.  I'm happy with them.  Though I have barred myself from purchasing anymore Valarie items. I just have way too much.  Enjoy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Great feedback, thanks @LindaSal!

Super Contributor

Thanks for the post, even with the as-is price the $5.50 shipping charge is just too much for me!

Honored Contributor

So true, @tl98466,  I find that outrageous too.  Shouldn't there be free shipping for their birthday or anniversary or whatever is going on now?  I was very surprised there wasn't...

Free shipping for their "Christmas in July" event I bet, would multiply sales tremendously...

Honored Contributor

Well, I broke down and ordered them, the regular chubby birds, NOT the "as is".  They arrived this afternoon, and guess what?   The first one I unwrapped has a chip in his beak!!

Talk about disappointing.  Where is QA?  Of course I can return, and get refunded shipping etc., but it is one more thing to have to do.

They are handsome little guys in the ivory, I'll say that.  Not sure if I'll send back, or keep and keep just the good one out, and repair the other for a less prominent placement, ha.  I don't mind just displaying one, actually.  They take up quite a bit of real estate, are bigger even than Valerie's patchwork birds.  I have an old Wedgwood creamware pitcher in the same color that would look great displayed with one bird...

Don't mind me, just thinking aloud, and scheming...