Esteemed Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S 8/22-23 SHOWS AND TODAY'S SPECIAL VALUE

@traveler wrote:

I like the toppers but $42 seems a bit much. Plus s&h.

-------------

That was my issue too....the cost. 

Oh well, I keep saying I don't need anything new.  But definitely, I would/could want something new... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see anything in Valerie's sneak peek.  The large deer are different, but I am afraid of a stampede if I dare to bring another deer into my herd, lol. I mostly buy Valerie's picks, and for years, her garlands, but what i have now is beautiful, and we all know I have more than anyone should have, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

I think they are nice, but I can replicate the look with a pick and some ribbon, so I'm not tempted by them.  Plus, I have two lanterns, so I would need two sets.

@Marsha2003  I agree That they are too expensive. The only problem is that I would have to buy a roll of ribbon for each theme. But I'm sure I would be able to share with friends or neighbors.

Respected Contributor

Micheals crafts usually have seasonal ribbon at a low price. Joann's probably does too.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR. Thank you. I watched the video from last year on youtube. I could not view the video on QVC website.
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

I think they are nice, but I can replicate the look with a pick and some ribbon, so I'm not tempted by them.  Plus, I have two lanterns, so I would need two sets.

@Marsha2003  I agree That they are too expensive. The only problem is that I would have to buy a roll of ribbon for each theme. But I'm sure I would be able to share with friends or neighbors.

I always have lots of ribbon on hand, so that isn't an issue for me, but you are right that if you had to buy a roll of ribbon for each version, that would be pretty expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

I always have lots of ribbon on hand, so that isn't an issue for me, but you are right that if you had to buy a roll of ribbon for each version, that would be pretty expensive.

@Marsha2003   No Spring bow either.  I have bought large bows at Michaels for around $7.00 each, as I am still pretty inept at making bows, just watching me try belongs in a sitcom, lol.

Honored Contributor

Watching the airing of the TSV.  Did Valerie just say it was 27 years in the making????

Trusted Contributor

So the lantern doesn’t open. The one from last year did open. Not sure if that matters to me yet.
Trusted Contributor

I didn’t hear her say that but I have the show recorded so I can check

I got the white for me even though I would have liked it with the distressed look but that’s okay. I got the verdigris for a grab bag gift for Christmas......so far.

The fall version of the tree has October 17 as the delivery date. I start decorating for Christmas right after Halloween so that’s kind of a bummer. I doubt I would display it this year since it would arrive so late so it would really be buying now to display next year. Plus I was thinking if I liked it I would order a second one. Too late of a delivery date for that. I may still get at least one. Thinking.