Respected Contributor

Re: VALERIE'S 8/22-23 SHOWS AND TODAY'S SPECIAL VALUE

Sorry but H22458 is a margarita set for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sakuya wrote:
Wait. This lantern is 21” and last year it was 22”. So it is not the exact same lantern. Is the red not as dark as last year? Hmm.

@Sakuya, I think they are identical sizes even though listed differently. 

I just checked mine from last year.  

It is 21 1/4 inches tall including the upright handle, and it is 6 1/2" square, which is less than last year's stated, but is identical to what this year's states.

I'd guess that the difference in the measurements from one version to the next is just them being more precise this time.

I'm not sure about any color differences. 

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Sorry but H22458 is a margarita set for me.

@traveler  It's H224588

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@mousiegirl @Spurt 

FYI -   was just checking new holiday items.  Saw this product by Valerie H22458.   

Three different seasonal embellishments to be used as topper for any other item...lantern, container, wreath, candle etc.  I am considering, but wish it was not so expensive!!!

I wish Valerie would offer more products that could be  reworked to fit the season!! 

I have a much loved wooden heart that has a raffia

bow. There are about 12 + different seasonal wooden dangles - about 2 1/2 inches tall...fairly substantial - that hang in the middle of the heart.  I have had that decor item up for ten plus years.  Every season, I change the hanging dangle piece.  There is a holiday tree, an  apple, a pumpkin, a snowman, an Easter egg, a watermelon, a turkey etc. I don't change my decor that often, so don't use all of them. Right now I have a mini flag!!

@corita 

Thanks for the heads up on item H224588  Im really tempted to get that.....🤔

I have a paper towel holder with different finials for the seasons....I like the fact that it changes with each season....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @SHOPR. Do the new ones look like they have the antiquing/distressing that yours has?
Respected Contributor

I like the toppers but $42 seems a bit much. Plus s&h.

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I like the toppers but $42 seems a bit much. Plus s&h.

I think they are nice, but I can replicate the look with a pick and some ribbon, so I'm not tempted by them.  Plus, I have two lanterns, so I would need two sets.

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

I still have all four of these wreaths and use them occaisionally.  Inside of course.  She also used to do ceramic cake plates with 4 wick cake candles.  I'd like to see more year round decor items,

@DecorDiva Those particular wreaths were exceptional.  This day and time they probably are not cost efficient for her. And. the beautiful cake plates with the 4 wick candles were a favorite of mine as well.  I miss Valerie's older, more original offerings. 

Things that I can find now just about anywhere just doesn't have the same unique feel like her older offerings.  

Frequent Contributor

The Lantern has only a 40 Day Batterie Life when Timer is used . I will not buy the Lantern. Would hate having to change the Batteries every month. The question about the Batterie Life was awnsered by the Valerie Parr Co. Team.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sakuya wrote:
Thank you, @SHOPR. Do the new ones look like they have the antiquing/distressing that yours has?

@Sakuya, So far, all I can go by is QVC's item pics.  Valerie's FB video did not play clearly enough for me to see any details. Last year's video will not play for me today.

In Verdigris, which is what I have, the brush marks type distressing looks like it will be pretty much the same as mine.  Mine is heavily distressed with the darker brush marks.  I do see one thing that is absent in the QVC pic of this year's Verdigris--mine also has a tan residue in all the indentations throughout the scroll pattern, as if it was waxed and some wax was left behind.  This actually gives mine three different colors, I guess.  I do not see that tan color in the new pic.  

I would not be surprised if there happen to be painting shortcuts in the new ones, since TSV quantities are very high, so quality could suffer.

Hopefully they are equally pretty.  And hopefully QVC will show lots of close ups of each color.