Honored Contributor

VALERIE PAAR HILL - DID YOU KNOW?

This may be old news, but I just learned that she had a hip replacement three weeks ago, and doing very well, picture on facebook.    

Honored Contributor

Re: VALERIE PAAR HILL - DID YOU KNOW?

Wonderful news. Thank you for putting that in here.  Hope she heals fast and is back on her feet.

It's spring, think there's a few of us, going for a fresh start on some things.  Good news.  Positive things.  

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't know - but I've noticed when she walks around the set - she's had a slight limp or like one leg is shorter than the other.  Just an observation.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Didn't know - but I've noticed when she walks around the set - she's had a slight limp or like one leg is shorter than the other.  Just an observation.

@fthunt  Limping probably due to pain.  I know, as I had a hip replaced twenty-one years ago due to a childhood accident, and I limped from childhood until after the operation due to pain.   I bet Valerie won't be limping when she returns for Christmas in July. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,

Didn't know, thanks for posting,

Valerie,

https://www.desicomments.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Get-Well-Soon-Photo.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Yes, she had her other hip replaced about 2 years ago right around the same time.  Getting it done after her last spring show gives her time to recover before Christmas in July.  I think the surgery is very advanced these days, so with good physical therapy, the recovery time can be relatively quick.  I'm sure she's happy to have both surgeries out of the way, and she will be feeilng much better now.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Yes, she had her other hip replaced about 2 years ago right around the same time.  Getting it done after her last spring show gives her time to recover before Christmas in July.  I think the surgery is very advanced these days, so with good physical therapy, the recovery time can be relatively quick.  I'm sure she's happy to have both surgeries out of the way, and she will be feeilng much better now.

I didn't know about the first hip transplant but I can certainly relate to that.  Get it done sooner rather than later.   I had a knee replacment in January, left knee.  I plan to have the right knee replaced in January 2020.  I have OA and while the right doesn't bother me nearly as much as the left did.  Why wait until it does?  I'll get it done and then it's over.  My knee issues will be resolved.

Valued Contributor

I saw it on her FB page.  She seems like she's doing her therapy and is anxious to return.

Honored Contributor

She mentioned on air in her spring shows (don't remember which one) that she was getting the second one done. She does this at this time of year to be ready for her busy season that starts with CIJ. She has a real break in on air appearances between spring and mid summer.

Saw her FB post and so  happy it is over and she is doing so well. 

From all I hear, hips are easier and less painful with a quicker rehab time than knees. Go figure. I'd never expect it to be that way, but it seems it is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

She mentioned on air in her spring shows (don't remember which one) that she was getting the second one done. She does this at this time of year to be ready for her busy season that starts with CIJ. She has a real break in on air appearances between spring and mid summer.

Saw her FB post and so  happy it is over and she is doing so well. 

From all I hear, hips are easier and less painful with a quicker rehab time than knees. Go figure. I'd never expect it to be that way, but it seems it is.

@Mominohio  I never knew about the first, wonder if she was calcium deficient to have needed both hips replaced.  I know thinner people need to  consciously build bone mass as heavier people do it naturally by walking, the more weight, the more weight bearing is done by walking.

I had one hip replaced twenty-one years ago, young for it, but it was due to a childhood accident which dislocated my hip and after it was forced back into the socket, it was never right and painful, so after the surgery, I finally could walk without pain.  I zipped right through the recovery, no therapy, my doctor didn't believe in it, just gave me exercises to do in bed, no pain to speak of.