Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming patriotic decor

I like looking at patriotic decor, but don't have any.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Image result for patriotic decor pics

@meallen616 Beautiful Wreath.  I want one just like it.  Did you assemble it or buy it?  If you bought it, where? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I love all of these pics.  Thanks for sharing @Mominohio!

Honored Contributor

Very nice, when we had our house I only did the red/white/blue thing  when we were having a 4th of July or Labor Day cookout.  And only for the outside.  I never got into it for the inside of the house.  I do a summer theme and then in mid September I do  fall theme. 

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

I saw this for sale on Etsy, I think for around $65.

Love the wreath !  Great idea for someone that doesn't have a lot of decorating options! You can always do something like this. Perfect.

Respected Contributor

These photos of decor are wonderful. Beautiful expressions of love for our country. Now I need all these porches, verandas, and landscaping! 

Honored Contributor

I usually just do flags, 1 in front yard, 1 inside pool area (both lit) along with buntings hung from the 2nd floor deck railing.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

IMG_4862+2.jpg (1066×1600)

I don't want to start a fight with anyone  BUT it is not appropriate to use an American flag like this - as a decoration. It's disrespectful. OK to use anything that looks similar to a flag , but not an actual flag as done in this picture.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

IMG_4862+2.jpg (1066×1600)

I don't want to start a fight with anyone  BUT it is not appropriate to use an American flag like this - as a decoration. It's disrespectful. OK to use anything that looks similar to a flag , but not an actual flag as done in this picture.

In reading the United States Flag Federal Law 

https://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.pdf

I don't easily find what you describe. It does talk about making the flag image onto other things (like a pillow) but I don't see where putting a flag in a plant, as long as other rules are followed, is not proper. 

If one reads section 8, there are quite a few 'dont's, but honestly most (like printing the flag on paper napkins etc.) have been done for decades. I think that if the flag does not touch the ground/water, you are not disrespecting.