Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming holiday shopping weekend on Q is really not a

@Mominohio

You make some EXCELLENT observations.... I would copy your post and put in on QVC's Facebook Page, it seems those FB comments carry more weight...Why is it that those that like the decorating shows and home decor always seem to get the shaft Woman Frustrated Beauty in particular seems to get preferential treatment. But in QVC's last quarterly financial report they mentioned that home goods did well..... WHY OH WHY SO MANY VACUUMS---it's absolutely maddening!!!  And those gift shows ---funny how they are supposed to be each host's special selection and favorites yet ALL the hosts pick the same things---LOL!  Well if this is QVC's way of urging me to shop locally instead of with them, I think they've made their point and I'll happily take their advice! --- Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Home Goods, At Home, and some cute little shops in the Texas Hill country will get my business then...

Carolyn mentioned an ED Show in LA coming up and I'm wondering if she will have some Christmas stuff (although I much prefer Valerie's stuff over Ellen's)......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

In the past, if felt like once September came around, there would be decorating shows scattered throughout the weeks, and not just concentrated in one block of time.  I bet all the complaints from people about too many Christmas shows made them decide to try this new format where they just concentrate it all in one weekend per month.  Also, a majority of the items offered in those shows that would randomly happen throughout the month were repeats, so they may have done the number and discovered that putting it all out there at once was more economically advantageous.  I haven't really minded it so far, because October is when we have always seen more shows.  We know that Valerie will be back as well as Jill with her Friday night shows.  The only thing that frustrates me is that I'm planning a new vignette for the mantel of my new fireplace, and I keep seeing stuff in stores that I like, but I don't want to buy anything because I feel like I'm going to see something fantastic on QVC.  Store items at places like HL tend to sell out quickly, so I'm stuck deciding whether or not to make purchases from them or wait it out to see what Valerie and Jill offer in the next 2 months.  Decisions, decisions!

@RazorSharp

If it is economically feasible, maybe buy what you are seeing in brick and mortar, and if you do find better on Q you can always return the others? 

Just check what the return policy actually is (some are 30 days other are more).

I was in HL yesterday, and walked out completely empty handed. 

Must have been some kind of miracle or something.

@Mominohio HL is definitely the source of all ny current temptations.  Last week was their 40% off sale, and I did consider just buying and returning, but I foolishly assumed the return policy was 30 days.  I just checked, and it's 90 days, so I missed out.  If they have another sale  soon, and my stuff is still there, I'll definitely pick up a bunch of stuff.  They have a tree skirt, tall silver glitter trees, and these clear, acrylic icicle trees that would work well in my decor.  

@RazorSharp  I'd get those acrylic & silver glitter trees at HL and take them on home with no worries about arriving broken.  The trouble with ordering our decor is we wait and plan and then they come in defective in some way and it's very frustrating to have to go back and make new plans.  Just sayin'. 

Hobby Lobby has some really upscale items this year.  I'm not a silver person but some of it there is so elegant and pretty.  It's a good thing DH has been with me the last few times I've been there or it would be Beans and cornbread time again. lol

@lucymo

I was so frustrated......we had gone to this huge shopping center to see a movie, since we had time to kill before the movie so we briefly stopped in HL to look around....and I was mad we had to leave they were having that sale and so many wonderful things that I only got a brief look at.....I need to go back when there's no time limit.....although it will be canned soup for me since my budget will be busted---LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Personally, If my husband gave me a vacuum for a Christmas gift (or a birthday gift for that matter), I would seriously have to hold back from throwing it at him! 

Maybe, it is a "practical" gift, but to me gifts should not be practical - totally no fun at all, they should be something the person will like and enjoy. A vacuum to me is a necessity - a very much needed necessity - that a person can choose which one is best for themselves and their home. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

Good post.  It is so frustrating to set a side an hour of my day to sit down, relax, and enjoy a rare QVC home decorating show, only to discover that 25-30 minutes of that hour is spent on some non-homedecor-related TSV. 

I'm sure they do what they do because it works to their advantage, but as a customer who only tunes in to see specific things, I find it very annoying.  No amount of seeing a Dyson presentation (or whatever) injected into a home decorating show is going to convince me to buy one for myself or for a gift, if I'm not already in the market for one. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

In the past, if felt like once September came around, there would be decorating shows scattered throughout the weeks, and not just concentrated in one block of time.  I bet all the complaints from people about too many Christmas shows made them decide to try this new format where they just concentrate it all in one weekend per month.  Also, a majority of the items offered in those shows that would randomly happen throughout the month were repeats, so they may have done the number and discovered that putting it all out there at once was more economically advantageous.  I haven't really minded it so far, because October is when we have always seen more shows.  We know that Valerie will be back as well as Jill with her Friday night shows.  The only thing that frustrates me is that I'm planning a new vignette for the mantel of my new fireplace, and I keep seeing stuff in stores that I like, but I don't want to buy anything because I feel like I'm going to see something fantastic on QVC.  Store items at places like HL tend to sell out quickly, so I'm stuck deciding whether or not to make purchases from them or wait it out to see what Valerie and Jill offer in the next 2 months.  Decisions, decisions!

@RazorSharp

If it is economically feasible, maybe buy what you are seeing in brick and mortar, and if you do find better on Q you can always return the others? 

Just check what the return policy actually is (some are 30 days other are more).

@Mominohio HL is definitely the source of all ny current temptations.  Last week was their 40% off sale, and I did consider just buying and returning, but I foolishly assumed the return policy was 30 days.  I just checked, and it's 90 days, so I missed out.  If they have another sale  soon, and my stuff is still there, I'll definitely pick up a bunch of stuff.  They have a tree skirt, tall silver glitter trees, and these clear, acrylic icicle trees that would work well in my decor.  

@RazorSharp  I'd get those acrylic & silver glitter trees at HL and take them on home with no worries about arriving broken.  The trouble with ordering our decor is we wait and plan and then they come in defective in some way and it's very frustrating to have to go back and make new plans.  Just sayin'. 

Hobby Lobby has some really upscale items this year.  I'm not a silver person but some of it there is so elegant and pretty.  It's a good thing DH has been with me the last few times I've been there or it would be Beans and cornbread time again. lol

@lucymo

I was so frustrated......we had gone to this huge shopping center to see a movie, since we had time to kill before the movie so we briefly stopped in HL to look around....and I was mad we had to leave they were having that sale and so many wonderful things that I only got a brief look at.....I need to go back when there's no time limit.....although it will be canned soup for me since my budget will be busted---LOL!

@Spurt  Hey, maybe we can pool our beans, soup and cornbread and have a great meal.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp

@lucymo

@Spurt  Hey, maybe we can pool our beans, soup and cornbread and have a great meal.  Lol

@lucymo

Such an EXCELLENT idea!!!Woman Very Happy  Do you like some jalenpeno bits in your cornbread!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio check out H210757.

Honored Contributor

Vacuums and holiday weekend don't mix.  There probably aren't enough hours to fill with product.  I'll have to checkout the program guide.  Since they stopped putting them in the packages, I miss more shows.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp

@lucymo

@lucymo

Such an EXCELLENT idea!!!Woman Very Happy  Do you like some jalenpeno bits in your cornbread!

@Spurt  I'm not big on the  jalenpenos but since it's a HL shopping trip,  sure.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Good post.  It is so frustrating to set a side an hour of my day to sit down, relax, and enjoy a rare QVC home decorating show, only to discover that 25-30 minutes of that hour is spent on some non-homedecor-related TSV. 

I'm sure they do what they do because it works to their advantage, but as a customer who only tunes in to see specific things, I find it very annoying.  No amount of seeing a Dyson presentation (or whatever) injected into a home decorating show is going to convince me to buy one for myself or for a gift, if I'm not already in the market for one. 

@SHOPR

ITA!  And they show these vacuums so often I think it's down to every other week on the weekend it's not like it's something new QVC brought out just for the holidays why can't they NOT show it for just an hour or two---would it kill them!!!

It's just like this weekend is supposed to be their Fall Fashion Weekend...yet during AM STYLE  a LOT of the presentation time was spent on IT Cosmetics and a hair straightening tool....(even though IT COSMETICS has several shows on Saturday and Sunday---not to mention Tuesday Night Beauty, Friday Night Beauty, and all the beauty/cosmetic shows in between....So between all the vacuums and beauty and blenders, luggage, beds and mattresses some of us get bored and turn the channel and QVC sends out surveys to try to inquire why their sales are down!!!  CAN WE PLESE HAVE SOME STRICTLY HOME DECOR SHOWS PLEASE!!! Woman Frustrated....sorry had to vent!