Trusted Contributor

Anyone else get the email regarding the upcoming TSV for 8/25?  It will be a set of 3 indoor/outdoor fairy light strands for $27.18.  The color choices are clear, amber, red, blue, harvest multi, holiday multi, and red/green.  Item # H215283.  I bought these a year or so ago and use them everywhere!  I just took the amber ones out and have amber and clear on our mantel for fall.  I use the clear ones year-round all over the house.

I don't need anymore so I'll probably pass.  Just curious if any of you plan on purchasing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Fairy Lights TSV

Ugh!

Not that they aren't a valuable product, but geeze, is this the best they can do? They need to stop repeating the TSVs like this. 

Saving me money!

All that said, I like the amber ones a lot and think they would be great for harvest. But that price seems high. Probably because they will work for outdoors. I only need something suitable for indoors.

Trusted Contributor

i odered these in clear about a year ago.  While I was looking for something orange for this time of year, I jumped on the amber to use in wreaths and garlands.  The free S/ H convinced me that the price was worth it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a good deal, but I already have so many of the mini light strands. That being said, I have not been getting the emails lately. I think it could be that DH gets to our email before I do. He may be making them gone, if you get my drift.

Trusted Contributor

@KailaS ~ Thanks for mentioning the free shipping ~ I forgot that (the most important thing, too)!

I love the amber for fall!  When combined with the clear it kind of gives it a candy corn look!  :-)

Honored Contributor

I thought the same thing as @Mominohio.  I bet the autumn looks good for fall, but I will be passing.  I have a variety of mini white lights.  

Esteemed Contributor

The wires look green in the pictures. They should be clear.  It will be a pass for me.  Thanks for the heads up.

Occasional Contributor

I wish you could get an assorted set instead of all three the same color!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

The wires look green in the pictures. They should be clear.  It will be a pass for me.  Thanks for the heads up.

Agree about the green wires. My favorite micro lights to date have been the light strands brought to QVC by Ellen. Mine had a silver wire and while not clear, at least they were a light color that blended into the background better and were not so obvious.

@Julie928, thanks for the info. If the battery life is good, I may order them. I need more white light sets and I like the updated features. 

ETA: I asked a question about the about battery life of the fairy lights and was told that the light strand can run up to 250 hours or up to 41 days on a 6 hour timer. 

Respected Contributor

I have so many battery lights grrrrr! Wonder difference between fall color and amber, the video is to fast to really get information. I have the Scott brother lights with bronze wire and also ones with gold wire, love them but as many reviews state, battery life is just awful. Change mine about every two weeks. Guess one of the benefits of TSV would be for those interested, using them outdoors.