Super Contributor

Those that have these already, in either size, from Valerie Par Hill, how is the paint job on the figures? Do you really love these? 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the snowman scene in the smaller size.  I am very pleased with the painting.  I was afraid I wouldn't be, because I'm picky, but mine is very well done.  Then the frosty layer that coats everything really softens the whole thing, making it look even more vintage to me. 

I don't think you will be disappointed in the figures.  Keep in mind that some people had problems with too many flaws and bubbles in the glass, though, and returned for that reason. 

Honored Contributor

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Those that have these already, in either size, from Valerie Par Hill, how is the paint job on the figures? Do you really love these? 

I have the snowman from last year and just got the gingerbread house (small size).

They are well done...but note that the lights are small and are more decorative than illuminating.

I liked the TSV from last year so much I got some for presents this year too!

Trusted Contributor

I have the snowman in the large version from 2 years ago and last year I bought the church in the small size. I love them both. I loved them so much, I bought several  for gifts last year too.  I think you will love them, whichever style you choose.  (And the battery life on them was very good).  Lasted way past the holidays. I kept my snowman out until February on one set of batteries.

Honored Contributor

I bought several of the smaller TSV ones last year, a snowman for a gift, the church and the carolers for myself.

I'm rather picky with these type decorations. I don't want the people looking cheap or poorly crafted/painted.

I was one of the people who had some glass domes that were rather bubble filled, and just sent them back for replacements. But I thought all of them were really really well done (especially for the price point) and the detail was lovely.

I hated to put them away at the end of the season, I liked them so much.

@ILUVChristmas

Honored Contributor

I bought the carolers last year.  It was painted well.

Regular Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I bought the carolers last year.  It was painted well.

I agree. That's the one I bought last year and its quite stunning. Very beautifully done.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I saw that the church scene is in "as is" H208072 so took a chance. There are other choices too. 13" style.

Regular Contributor

I have the small church and the large Santa. I love them.my only complaint was that I didn't like the color pedestal each one came with. I wish we had a choice of scene and pedestal color. I think the church came with silver and Santa with green.would have preferred a red one (came with snowman) and a gold one (came with Carolers), but I can live with it.

Super Contributor

I ended up ordering the snowman scene too on easy pay. So hard to choose lol, If i had the room i would have them all.