Respected Contributor

Re: Twinkling frosted pine Christmas tree by Valerie

@Kachina624 wrote:

@FranandZoe   Martha Stewart products are usually good quality and they're still around, although K-Mart is not.

Thanks - I know but I still miss Kmart.

Esteemed Contributor

I made the mistake of buying a pre lit tree once, NEVER again.  I'd much rather string my own lights that can be replaced if they stop working.   As far as the box for the tree, I don't keep that, I have a Christmas tree storage bag for mine.

Valued Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Sorry for your issues but I have to comment about the box. We always put the Christmas tree back in the box for storage. After your story I will be sure we continue. 

Ditto! I considered ditching some of the boxes just to save space but like you, I will be sure to continue to store each item in its box. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I wish Kmart was still around.i shopped there alot,plus it was very close to my house.

Trusted Contributor

If you ordered a tree in the last few years from QVC, the information would be in your order history. Providing the company the QVC item # should be all they need to know which tree you ordered.

Prelit trees do not last forever. The inexpensive decorator trees on QVC I do not expect to last more than a couple years. If they do that’s a bonus. If I like the actual tree and the lights go out, I will take off all the old lights and restring with new lights. It is a slow and frustrating process which is why I only do it with trees I really like.

Everyone’s definition of inexpensive is different. I consider all of Valerie’s trees to be decorator trees and not a “main” tree.
Super Contributor

I don't save the box either. I bought a tree bag. I bought 2 BL trees 6 years ago. The 5 foot flocked one is still going, but last year the 6 foot one didn't light in the middle. I changed the fuse, but still didn't work. I bought another BL tree during Christmas in July in 2022. I am very happy with BL . I have several outdoor wreaths and garland that I have had for 8 years. They are still going.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would rather string my own lights also.  I bought a pre lit tree at the QVC outlet many years ago that had both white and multi lights.  Alot of the lights stopped working and one year when taking it down I cut all the light off the tree.  Now I string twinkling white lights along with strands of multi colored lights.  I love the tree and its also alot lighter and easier to handle without all the lights attached.

It took me hours, I think 8, to cut all the lights off but it was worth it.  I love the tree and it fits perfectly in the spot.  I don't think stringing lights is that big of a deal.  

I have a 7 1/2 foot tree store it in a storage bag.