Honored Contributor

Time to start thinking about Memorial Day decor.

I have to look thru my garden flags for the appropriate ones. Since I am still here in the land of HOA hell I guess a garden flag and a real flag is all I'll do.

Respected Contributor

@151949

I have a Sister and a Daughter who also live in "the Land Of HOA"

and sometimes it blows my mind what they can't do on their won property.  I hope you find something in your garden flag collection that you may decorate with.  Good Luck!  Woman Frustrated

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Contributor

What is HOA?

Honored Contributor

Home Owners Association.

Honored Contributor

I'd be getting notification from your HOA! I use magnetic garage door decorations. The one for Memorial Day is red, white and blue and says God Bless America. It probably is a tacky way to decorate, but the people who mention my decorations like them. Right now, our garage door says Welcome Spring.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG They haven't limited what we can put as yet , however we can only put up 2 items and if we put our American flag up - that counts as one of the two.We live in a duplex and the lady next door died about a year and a half ago. They haven't as yet sold her place so I guess I could put 2 more items if I wanted to.Also anything related to a holiday can only be up a week before and a week after.