Trusted Contributor

Re: Trees ~ Prelit or Do it Yourself?

I really like the convenience of a pre lit tree. But the lights on mine only lasted a few years and they were all dead. My husband had to re string the whole tree so hopefully these will last longer. We bought LED lights in hopes they are better quality! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee  I prefer a prelit tree but I do add some lights to them.  I have gotten very lazy about things like this, so easier is better.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I prefer the pre lit. I bought a santas best two years ago that has white or the colored lights, which ever I choose to turn on. That's really nice to have the option. I  also bought a tree from Lisa R last year with all the micro lights but I haven't used it yet. Ugg I hope it works.  Maybe I'll have the energy  to put two up this year who knows, but that was the plan last year. 

I wasn't  too good at stringing my own lights. I am always so anxious  to start decorating the tree and no patience to  to wait on stringing lights. . Even though I usually set the tree up and fluff it one evening and decorate it the next evening after work. 

Esteemed Contributor

Pre Lit!

It used to take me a day just to put the lights on.

Esteemed Contributor

Prelit! Years ago I strung flicker flame on a tree,it took a day and my husband had to drive 20 miles that night because I ran out. When it was on it glowed orange and looked like it was on fire. When I called Got Junk they hauled it off. The lights were expensive.

Now easy is better for me!

Esteemed Contributor

I am one who has no fond memories whatsoever of putting light strands on trees.  Even if by some miracle all the bulbs worked, I'd end up with some spots with too many and some with too few lights, so I was just never happy with the whole process.  

My last two trees have been very inexpensive, but pre-lit.  One was white with multi-color incandescent mini lights, and the current one is cashmere tipped green with multi-color incandescent mini lights.  I have been so happy with the light placement along with all the easy aspects of having a pre-lit tree, that I don't plan to ever go back!  

Honored Contributor

I've only had prelit for a few years, and I have to say, I can't see going back. Even if they don't last too many years, I want to have prelit as they have more lights, better placement of lights than I get doing it myself, and such ease at setting up, as well as so many functions for fading, twinkle etc., and now the ability to do white and colored both on the same tree. I'm usually not all about the high tech or the latest greatest, but I love me a good pre lit tree!

Honored Contributor

Prelit...Anything to make life just a little bit easier.

Honored Contributor

It's prelit all the way for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Prelit only. I'm done with stringling lights on a tree. I will add some specialty lights to a tree if it looks a little dim but my stringing multiple light strands are done. I do multiplie trees inside and outside so I really appreciate the pre-lit  feature.