Respected Contributor

A little glitter goes a long way with me.  I do like a little but most everything she sells has glitter.  They are pretty but messy, messy, messy.

Respected Contributor

I have gotten glitter things from dollar tree yes it's all over the house but watch someone on utube said to spray it with hairspray it will stop the glitter fallout. If you have something with glitter that you may not care about try it. I haven't tried it yet but will. Maybe do a very light spray. 

Respected Contributor

I love glitter....the more, the better. 

Super Contributor

Never too much glitter for me!!  Bring it on..

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the glitter but I hate it when I pick up the item  and have glitter all over my hands and then I touch my face and get glitter there too! So I'm not buying glitter pieces anymore. Just too messy for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Too Much Glitter

[ Edited ]

I can't stand all the glitter!  To my eye, it does not enhance the look of any item.  And I hate when it gets all over everything!!  I really like more of a natural look on decor items.

If it is shiny look that a designer wants....there are finishes that give off a beautiful, sparkle look without the mess!!  I have just about stopped buying any of Valerie's products because of the glitter!!

Honored Contributor

The glittered items I have bought do not shed, lots of Valerie's items, only had a big mess once when I bought some glittered branches, can't remember the brand, and it was on my face, all over me, but then I like to sparkle. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Glitter in moderation. 

I totally understand people who want none. It never stays completely on the items, some thought are worse than others, and shed it no matter what you do. 

I don't want my pets getting glitter in their paws and eating it. I don't want it in my eyes, because it is on my hands and doesn't want to come off. I don't want it on my surfaces after I get the decor up, making the house look dirty, because it is so fine and just won't wipe off or sweep up totally. 

I have plenty of glittered items, and come to terms with some of the mess, but I've also tossed several pieces in the trash, so frustrated and the rain of mess that comes off them, and never stops.