Esteemed Contributor

Re: Todays's Christmas in July Prices are Absurd!

[ Edited ]

@scatcat wrote:

You're in luck! I was at Hobby Lobby earlier this week and the Christmas stuff is starting to hit the shelves! And yes their prices are so much better and the selection is huge.

I personally can't watch Valerie - her semi whisper and demeanor reminds me of someone medicated 

OMG. I've also thought that about her. I always thought that if you made her mad she would rip your head off. The stuff is cute but over the past few years I put up a tree and call it a day. I don't decorate my entire house. In fact I've donated so much Christmas stuff the past few years you could decorate 5 houses.

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree!  Years ago, quality and value mattered!  Today, not so much!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@texas_lexuss    At least at a b&M store you can pick out one where the paint isn't smeared. 

.....and you can walk out of the store with your purchase. No paying shipping and no waiting 4 months for delivery on an "advance order".

Esteemed Contributor

I bought two of the deer designs for our two grandchildren.

Mimi always gives some lit and glitzy for their rooms at Thanksgiving to get ready for Christmas.  Quite expensive for what it is, but I think they will like them.  We need no decor for ourselves!

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 

I kinda' liked the Deer TSV...and then I noticed during the close up of the demo one that the baby deer had way-too-large-sloppily-painted eyes." Looked like something from the "dime store" of yesteryear. 

Nope. Not paying $45 with tax & shipping for that.

~Quack

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop  Salt water Taffy might go with the beach theme!

Trusted Contributor

@Quackeroo  - I call them "Mr. Christmas eyes" because it seemed like the miniature people in the products from Mr. Christmas have those black blob eyes.  I will probably cancel my deer ornament for this reason,

Regular Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@Quackeroo  - I call them "Mr. Christmas eyes" because it seemed like the miniature people in the products from Mr. Christmas have those black blob eyes.  I will probably cancel my deer ornament for this reason,

"Mr. Christmas eyes"   lololol   You "quacked" me up!

~Quack

Honored Contributor

I've felt the prices have been going up the last several years on VPH stuff in particular, and the quality or desirability of style (to me) has gone way down. I see very little of her offerings that I'd actually put in my home anymore. 

I think it's a product of a change in styles she is bringing, lots of it too whimsical for me, and the fact I have more than I can use, and love the style of things I have.