Respected Contributor

Re: Today is officially the LATEST...

A couple days ago, I finally took down all the Christmas cards decorating my apartment door.

Respected Contributor

Don't feel bad.  There's a house that faces us from a decent distance and they had colored lights on an outside tree that did not stay off until the end of February.  I didn't mind.  It reminded me of home when I was a kid.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP Nice post!   It's perfectly fine and I am happy you found the time and energy to take it down as I think it's a daunting task!   So happy for your adopted dog, sounds like he found his loving home.   Our last cat, Perry, used to sleep under our Christmas tree every year (he's been gone 6 years now).  I think they do find some comfort in the lighting.  Sometimes he would just lay on the top of the couch and stare at it.  I always felt bad taking it down but Martin Luther King day has always been my limit.

Happy Spring Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for understanding my reasoning and sharing your procrastination stories, I am glad I'm not the only one who enjoys the gentle glow of the tree's lights warming up the long winter nights.  I also realized, when thinking about giving Charlie a little extra Christmas, that this was also the first Christmas in our home for our other elderly shelter adoptee, Max the Manchester.  He's somewhere between 13 and 15, we don't know for sure since he was picked up as a stray, unlike Charlie, who was an owner surrender, and we adopted him in February of 2020.  He has his own Christmas ornament, I ordered it online, since Manchesters are so rare, but Charlie's will be homemade, like all my Scotties' and Cinder's are.  I got it stamped out last night and am letting it air dry, then I'll start painting it, and when it's done I'll put a ribbon through it, so it's ready to go next Thanksgiving weekend, when I put up the 2021 tree.  I'll try to post a picture of it when it's done.

Honored Contributor

I was well into March before the VPH 5 foot family room tree was taken to the basement this year. I undecorated it in late January, but I left  the tree up and lit because the pine cones, berries, and glitter was nice for the super snowy February we had. 

I enjoyed it, but when it felt like it was time to go, down it went! LOL

No judgement from me!