Respected Contributor

Today is International Bacon Day !

From National today.com

Bacon Day, on the other hand, was founded by a group of Colorado-based CU Boulder graduate students in 2004. Students from Bucknell University have their own bacon day celebrations, gorging on as much meat as they can, and calling themselves ‘Meatheads.’ In the U.K., Bacon Day is celebrated some time around January 14, before the winter examinations, as a means of procrastination and fueling for revision.

In the U.S., bacon is the belly of a pig, whereas meat from the pig’s loin is called Canadian bacon. Bacon is smoked using mesquite, hickory, or maple wood, and extra ingredients may be added to further enhance the flavor. Bacon is mostly enjoyed for breakfast, in B.L.T. sandwiches, or simply on its own.

I love Turkey bacon !  what's your favorite?  Enjoy the day !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today is International Bacon Day !

Not a meat eater. This is the kind I enjoy.

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Not a meat eater. This is the kind I enjoy.

images.jpg

@threecees 

I have always like their Grillers ... obviously, you would recommend their bacon?   Does it need to be fried, or can you microwave it?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I microwave it. You get a lot of slices in a package. I like their

chicken patties too. Give it a try and see if you like it.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  I microwave it. You get a lot of slices in a package. I like their

chicken patties too. Give it a try and see if you like it.Woman Happy

@threecees 

I used to buy their link sausages regularly, but they seem to only offer the sausage patties these days.  Thanks for the rec!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

From National today.com

Bacon Day, on the other hand, was founded by a group of Colorado-based CU Boulder graduate students in 2004. Students from Bucknell University have their own bacon day celebrations, gorging on as much meat as they can, and calling themselves ‘Meatheads.’ In the U.K., Bacon Day is celebrated some time around January 14, before the winter examinations, as a means of procrastination and fueling for revision.

In the U.S., bacon is the belly of a pig, whereas meat from the pig’s loin is called Canadian bacon. Bacon is smoked using mesquite, hickory, or maple wood, and extra ingredients may be added to further enhance the flavor. Bacon is mostly enjoyed for breakfast, in B.L.T. sandwiches, or simply on its own.

I love Turkey bacon !  what's your favorite?  Enjoy the day !

@Goodie2shoes 

Bacon is not made with only pork ... as noted, you can also get Turkey ... and Beef bacon.   Prices seem to be pretty much the same, regardless of the meat used.   

I knew there was a National Bacon Day ... but International Bacon Day is new to me ...  but enjoy, everybody!   Woman Happy.

Respected Contributor

images.jpg

@threecees  I've never heard of this bacon, thanks for posting, I might try it. There are mixed reviews on the Morningstar website, some are questioning why it contains egg whites. I'm not a vegetarian per say but I might try it, thanks again !

Honored Contributor

Pork bacon eater here and proud of it!

I had a bacon & tomato sandwich for lunch today.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Wheeeee!!! I love bacon, it's my favorite food group! I love "real" bacon AND turkey bacon, can hardly tell the difference in taste. Yummy!

Valued Contributor

At my house everyday is International Bacon Day!  It's the reason I stopped being a vegetarian years ago.