Frequent Contributor

Tis The Season Christmas Shoppe - Millersburg, OH

Has anyone been to this store at the Schrock's Amish Farm and Village?  Normally once a year my husband and I go to Bronner's in Frankenmuth MI as it's in our home state.  Would really like to find a new place to go to for holiday items and ideas.  Is it a big place?  Is it worth the trip (about 180 miles)?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: Tis The Season Christmas Shoppe - Millersburg, OH

@LIL EARL; not there.... sorry....

But have you tried Always Christmas at the Old Worlde Canterbury Village in Lake Orion??  I HAVE been there, and it's 3 floors just chock-a-block with Christmas...and things I've never seen elsewhere (not even in Frankenmuth).  The Village has 14 specialty shops and three or four restaurants.

Honored Contributor

Over the late summer every year DH & i go over to Ohio - mostly Holmes County but not entirely there , to Christmas shop. We always have a fabulous day.

Trusted Contributor

I try to get to Holmes county once a year!  Great shopping and beautiful scenery!  If you're staying there, I highly recommend Holmes With A View, a beautiful place to stay.

Honored Contributor

I was there about a year ago, and perhaps I'm just up to my gills in Christmas decor, but I was not impressed, and it really isn't as good as Bronner's.Most everything is made in China, over priced, and has it's 'twin' or similar type things in many other places. I've been there twice in the last year and didn't buy a single thing.

I wouldn't drive that far to see just this, but if you make a trip in the fall to the area in general, you will find all kinds of great shops and places to eat. You could easily stay a couple of days, and there are some great inns in the area. Make reservations early as fall is one of the busiest seasons. And by mid October, many places have a good bit of their Christmas merchandise stocked and ready.

If you travel with a camper or RV, there are some nice RV parks in the area as well. 

Frequent Contributor

forest4thetrees, yes we have been to Always Christmas at Canterbury Village.  As a matter of fact we were there last year and very disappointed due to the fact that things had changed from prior years and not for the good (too much made in China low end items). Years ago it was my second happy place to go to for holiday decor, as Frankenmuth has always been the number one place to go.

Frequent Contributor

mominohio, Thank you for posting as I was truly hoping that you would add your thoughts and opinion to this subject.  I know it's hard to beat Bronner's, but was just hoping to find another place to visit that was similar but on a small scale than Bronners.  

I am like you, finding it hard to really want to purchase more of the same ole stuff that you can find everywhere, especially  items coming from China. 

We will change our current plans and make a trip to this area in the fall.