Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is My Last Year w/My Bethlehem Lights Tree

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@PamfromCT   Wow -- lovely!  Your decor sounds like a winter wonderland on a magazine cover.  That must bring you such joy all winter.

@Caaareful Shopper, Thank you!  My DH decorates the outside of our home very well.  Our front door decor is two crossed old wooden skis, with a little wreath in the middle,

flanked by an old wooden child’s sled, with some little girl’s white skates on top.

My DH is amazing for 80 years old, and those were his first skis as a child.  The little skates belonged to our DD as a tiny girl, given to her by her cousin.  We are thankfully still living in our family home, able to pay some folks to do heavy yard work and plowing.  We really love our home.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@PamfromCT   Wow -- lovely!  Your decor sounds like a winter wonderland on a magazine cover.  That must bring you such joy all winter.

@Caaareful Shopper, Thank you!  My DH decorates the outside of our home very well.  Our front door decor is two crossed old wooden skis, with a little wreath in the middle,

flanked by an old wooden child’s sled, with some little girl’s white skates on top.

My DH is amazing for 80 years old, and those were his first skis as a child.  The little skates belonged to our DD as a tiny girl, given to her by her cousin.  We are thankfully still living in our family home, able to pay some folks to do heavy yard work and plowing.  We really love our home.

@PamfromCT   Oh my -- you just gave me chills.  Beautiful!!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper --Yes it was a nice tree. Do you remember the man? He did alot of jewelry boxes/armoires and tree ornaments too. and we did enjoy it--- even fluffing  up the branches--kind of theraputic for me  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper --Yes it was a nice tree. Do you remember the man? He did alot of jewelry boxes/armoires and tree ornaments too. and we did enjoy it--- even fluffing  up the branches--kind of theraputic for me  Woman Very Happy

@wagirl   I remember the ornaments now.  Very charming and nostalgic; they were beautiful.