Honored Contributor

Re: This is My Last Year w/My Bethlehem Lights Tree

Same with me---bought a 5 1/2 tall tree from Thomas Piccone---you remember him on the Q?  ---at least 20 + years ago--had the lights on it,  but so-ooo many cords running down the center to plug into one strip plug thing-----and spent alot of time fluffy it, came in 3 sections---well the branches started to come off and going thru another move into a very small apartment--I had to let it go. think it was a couple hundred $$ back then and having the lights already on the tree was a new thing too. Was a good tree! 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Beautiful!  So stately!

Where did you get the flat leaf pics?  There are really pretty!

So elegant!

Watch Hobby Lobby if you have one near you.

4 yrs ago, we got a 7.5' slim tree there just b4 Christmas at a greatly discounted price!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper It is lovely, nice job.   What we did a few years ago when we downsized was buy a new Christmas tree at the end of the year when they were marked down.  I got one on Balsam Hill and I have to say it's beautiful.  After 15 years of fighting with attached lights with section by section deciding to stop working, I had had enough!

I went back to NO lights and we just string our own once again.  Full circle, no regrets.

Enjoy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I'm glad you thought of some good options whether you buy a new tree or redo the one you have. 

I only mentioned price because recently I was walking through Costco and a quite large artifical tree, 8 or 9 feet, was $800.  And they usually have the best prices.  I had sticker shock and I wasn't even in the market for one! 

Who knows, the one you have may be the best tree for quite some time.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone!!

@RespectLife  All of the picks came from QVC.  Started collecting them during the Lisa Robertson Christmas shows and her matte bronze bay leaf picks.  Then over the years, Valerie Parr Hill's bay leaf, frosted branches, glitter gold & silver picks.  

Every year I look for more of Valerie's huge frosted picks she did before, but no luck. I need one more set of those.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Thanks for the info.....I'll keep my eyes out for after Christmas sales!

LR trees were absolutely gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   Your tree is beautiful! I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Your tree is so lovely.  Living in New England, we tend to leave up our holiday decor longer than others in a different climate.  

I have a collection of snowmen figures that I particularly enjoy during this time.  Our front door decoration is more winter than Christmas, and we keep our candles in our front windows on at night most of the year, with the exception of summer.  It suits our white colonial home and makes us happy.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper, your tree is gorgeous.  I know what you mean about not getting some of the Christmas decorations out.  I didn't get out any garland this year, just decided I didn't feel like dealing with it.  I still have holiday decor in every room and I know I'll be happier when it's time to put everything away.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003  Thank you!  I usually love the entire process.  But this year I just feel a little drained I guess.  I still absolutely love this time of year, it's just a little more subdued.