Honored Contributor

Re: There are more Christmas in July shows tomorrow

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I don't think the lights on the TSV look very bright. They seem a bit brighter on the white tree, but the green trees look very dim.

@RazorSharp  Up close both trees are brighter than from a distance.  I bought some, so will post when I receive them. Smiley Happy

I missed David's tree because I eft the tv to measure something.  Was it white or green?

@mousiegirl It was green, and it was small. The way he was talking about it, I thought it was going to be a big majestic one around 18", but it was a little smaller than the TSV.  

@RazorSharp  I actually bought a two and a half foot tree like this on ebay on a musical base, mint condition, around seven years ago.  I may set it up this year and if I do, I will post pictures.

Tonight, I bought two small white for the gingerbread display, and a large white for a huge cloche I bought years ago, for the red room.  Hopefully, they will be nice, we will see.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I don't think the lights on the TSV look very bright. They seem a bit brighter on the white tree, but the green trees look very dim.

@RazorSharp  Up close both trees are brighter than from a distance.  I bought some, so will post when I receive them. Smiley Happy

I missed David's tree because I eft the tv to measure something.  Was it white or green?

@mousiegirl It was green, and it was small. The way he was talking about it, I thought it was going to be a big majestic one around 18", but it was a little smaller than the TSV.  

@RazorSharp  I actually bought a two and a half foot tree like this on ebay on a musical base, mint condition, around seven years ago.  I may set it up this year and if I do, I will post pictures.

Tonight, I bought two small white for the gingerbread display, and a large white for a huge cloche I bought years ago, for the red room.  Hopefully, they will be nice, we will see.

That sounds great, @mousiegirl.  I love the idea of putting it in the cloche. Please share pics later.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl - oh man, now you've done it!!!  I wasn't really interested in this tree until you mentioned putting it in a cloche!  I don't have cloches, my cats would destroy them with a whack of a tail (my giant dog too lol), but now I have to go measure my lantern.....

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl - oh man, now you've done it!!!  I wasn't really interested in this tree until you mentioned putting it in a cloche!  I don't have cloches, my cats would destroy them with a whack of a tail (my giant dog too lol), but now I have to go measure my lantern....

@Buck-i-Nana  I never thought of a lantern, now I will measure, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not sleep well, so I've watched portions of 3 TSV presentations so far.  The green trees appeared to have ok brightness, to me, until I saw the video with Gabrielle as host.  In that setting, the green trees' lights weren't showing up very well at all on my screen.

@mousiegirl, I love the idea of using the small white trees in a gingerbread scene.  I had the same thought overnight, and have been tempted to order a set ever since.  Leslie said they look like they have gumdrops on them, and I agree.  I am planning on passing for now, and if they show up as-is, I may get them, and if they don't, it's ok.  Hoping I can stay strong, but who knows.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

As for the rest of the CIJ shows, it looks like there isn't going to be any brand new decor today.  Oh well.  There's always tomorrow, but at this rate, I doubt it. 

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl - Was reading the description on the trees and am disappointed that it's only a 4 hour timer.  It does have the option of just "on" but then I have to remember to turn it off and THAT rarely happens and then when I wake up in the morning and see the lights dimming I get mad at myself.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@mousiegirl - Was reading the description on the trees and am disappointed that it's only a 4 hour timer.  It does have the option of just "on" but then I have to remember to turn it off and THAT rarely happens and then when I wake up in the morning and see the lights dimming I get mad at myself.

@Buck-i-Nana  I don't mind the four hour timer as I am usually out of the kitchen by 9-10:00, so if I set it at 5-6:00 it works. Too bad everything doesn't come with a remote as we wouldn't ahve to be worried about the timers.  Many times I have thought I have set timers, only to get up and see the candles still on, lol.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl - My idea was to use the 7" in a lantern with some mini ornaments laying at the base of the tree.  A 4 hour timer in winter time just wouldn't cut it.  I suppose I could do the tree, ornaments and a string of micro-lights (I have tons of them Smiley Happy ), and that would supplement the light time.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@mousiegirl - My idea was to use the 7" in a lantern with some mini ornaments laying at the base of the tree.  A 4 hour timer in winter time just wouldn't cut it.  I suppose I could do the tree, ornaments and a string of micro-lights (I have tons of them Smiley Happy ), and that would supplement the light time.

@Buck-i-Nana  My home is lit up with tons of CI and Luminara, so I probably won't even notice when the tree goes out, lol, but I like the mini light idea, have those too. Smiley Happy