Re: The purpose of this forum called HOLIDAY

Elf.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@brbfromTX wrote:

HeartWe replaced our Christmas tree last year (H205778-7.5' tall) and it's still up!  My living room celebrates all seasons!!!  LoL!!!  Can't wait for CIJCat Happy

I just had this great vision of your tree in July with a combination of Patriot Red White and Blue ornaments/decorations mixed in with the traditional Christmas decorations.  Christmas in July!!  Have fun.  (Maybe some good old Texas pieces would finish it perfectly)

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you're right, @Mominohio.  It may be that people aren't going to the Holiday Forum to be anti-holiday (or to pee in their Cheerios Smiley Happy).  Rather, they see a CIJ discussion in the general listing of all topics and respond to it, not realizing that it's in the Holiday Forum.  Does that make sense?  I hope so.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the Holiday Forum was for all Holidays, not just Christmas. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Puzzle Piece

IT is indeed (and I stated that in my original post), and most have been covered at one time or another throughout the year.

What it shouldn't be for is those haters that want to spank us every time we bring up Christmas, regardless of the time of year.

I thought it nice that Q provided a place for the topics of holidays so those in other forums didn't have to see so many threads about holidays if they didn't celebrate, or didn't like the time frame in which any specific holiday was being discussed. 

Sometimes just feels a little like some posters go out of their way to track down topics they don't like and make it known, even when that is exactly what the forum is about. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be seen as controversial.

Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Puzzle Piece

IT is indeed (and I stated that in my original post), and most have been covered at one time or another throughout the year.

What it shouldn't be for is those haters that want to spank us every time we bring up Christmas, regardless of the time of year.

I thought it nice that Q provided a place for the topics of holidays so those in other forums didn't have to see so many threads about holidays if they didn't celebrate, or didn't like the time frame in which any specific holiday was being discussed. 

Sometimes just feels a little like some posters go out of their way to track down topics they don't like and make it known, even when that is exactly what the forum is about. 

Haters, hmmmmm.  I don't do xmas but that doesn't make me a hater. 

The Q is very biased and selective on who celebrates what.  The Wiccans post their holidays and their recipes and the threads get deleted.  If the Persian holidays are mentioned, they too get deleted.  NOT ALL holidays are allowed but all money is taken from the masses from the Q for their items for sale from all the various people who are celebrating xmas. 

I've never seen that happen here.  I believe this claim is false and argumentative.

Respected Contributor

@brbfromTX wrote:

HeartWe replaced our Christmas tree last year (H205778-7.5' tall) and it's still up!  My living room celebrates all seasons!!!  LoL!!!  Can't wait for CIJCat Happy

@brbfromTX  I love this!  Makes me smile!  Will certainly come here for CIJ!

@Mominohio  Thank you for starting this thread!  I appreciate it very much!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Puzzle Piece

The Q is very biased and selective on who celebrates what.  The Wiccans post their holidays and their recipes and the threads get deleted.  If the Persian holidays are mentioned, they too get deleted.  NOT ALL holidays are allowed but all money is taken from the masses from the Q for their items for sale from all the various people who are celebrating xmas. 

I've never seen that happen here.  I believe this claim is false and argumentative.

No false and argumentative.  I've been here over the years and every time other beliefs are brought up they get deleted.  Fact.

Not Even The Moderators have been here that long to know.  They run people off. .

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Puzzle Piece

No false and argumentative.  I've been here over the years and every time other beliefs are brought up they get deleted.  Fact.

Not Even The Moderators have been here that long to know.  They run people off. .

I haven't see these topics @Puzzle Piece, but are they maybe deleated because once posted, others come on and 'ruin' the thread, like happens often with current events, politics type topics? 

People who don't like the topic or the points presented post in such a way to get it closed or taken down on purpose?

So it isn't the topic, but the posters that get it removed?