Honored Contributor

The purpose of this forum called HOLIDAY

I certainly won't tell people where they can go, or how they should respond on the Q forums, but I would like to point out that when Q revamped these boards, they added this forum titled HOLIDAY for a reason.

There were many of us who loved to discuss the holidays, Q's programming about them, and anything about any holiday throughout the year. 

There was no specific place to do so in the past, and many posters got tired of seeing especially Christmas 'talk' in the middle of the summer, and voiced that in every thread that was started in Community Chat, Home, or  any other forum.

Now we have our own, have had a blast this past year sharing all our excitement, ideas, desires about programming/merchandise from Q and it's vendors, and in general each other's company. It has overall been a very kind forum, supportive (much like the home forum), and we haven't had to hide our enthusiasm about any holiday at any time of year.

I'm seeing, that with Christmas in July approaching, and the chatter about it increasing, that some posters are coming here to be less than supportive and excited. 

Again, I wouldn't begin to tell people where or what they must post (or not post) but lets get real with this.

The forum is titled HOLIDAY.  There is no mystery about what will be discussed. It may be the next approaching holiday, the one that is just passed, or any holiday at any time of the year.

What is the point to come and and rain on other's parade? It would be like going to the pet forum to just post "I hate dogs". You have every right to do it, but what is the point.

Q has several forums that are very spirited, and a few that are traditionally kinder and more topic specific (including Mom to Mom, Among Friends, Pet Lovers and this one).

I'm only going to respectfully request that people who hate CIJ, or the topic of Christmas decor, food, celebrations, programming etc. realize that we that love it, totally understand it, but want to keep our Holiday forum about the fun and excitement and joy of the holidays (all of them), maintain the kindness, joy, sharing and camaraderie that we have built here. I would hate to see this fun place, turn into a constant complaint department for people who have no interest in the topic but just come to say so (over and over and over).

I speak only for myself, but think there are many others who post here that would agree. 

Regular Contributor

Re: The purpose of this forum called HOLIDAY

Bravo, mominohio -- and Hoorah! If one does not like something, why do they waste time posting that they don't like it?  For example, there are certain brands of clothing sold that I would never, ever, ever wear -- but if someone posts that they love it, who am I to say unkind and useless things about the brand???  I don't participate much in the forums beyond reading what folks say, but I wanted to give you a shout-out for a thoughtful post.  For those of us who love fall decorating, Christmas decorating, spring decorating, it's wonderful to have a place to read and chat. 

Thanks for your post!  Well done! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I completely agree. I don't see the point about coming to the holiday forum to complain about holiday programming. Q talk or suggestion box would be more appropriate. Hopefully the mods will move threads that are in essence off topic to the forum. 

I'm excited for Christmas in July and fall crafting items to be coming out soon. Maybe this year I'll replace our tree?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:
 The forum is titled HOLIDAY.  There is no mystery about what will be discussed. It may be the next approaching holiday, the one that is just passed, or any holiday at any time of the year.

What is the point to come and and rain on other's parade? It would be like going to the pet forum to just post "I hate dogs". You have every right to do it, but what is the point.

Q has several forums that are very spirited, and a few that are traditionally kinder and more topic specific (including Mom to Mom, Among Friends, Pet Lovers and this one).

I'm only going to respectfully request that people who hate CIJ, or the topic of Christmas decor, food, celebrations, programming etc. realize that we that love it, totally understand it, but want to keep our Holiday forum about the fun and excitement and joy of the holidays (all of them), maintain the kindness, joy, sharing and camaraderie that we have built here. I would hate to see this fun place, turn into a constant complaint department for people who have no interest in the topic but just come to say so (over and over and over).

I speak only for myself, but think there are many others who post here that would agree. 

Very well said, mom. Why would someone select a forum entitled Holiday if they have such a negative reaction unlike those of us excited about holidays?

dee

Respected Contributor

I feel the proper & most effective thing to do is simply ignore, bypass & resist responding.  That is exactly what their motive is & I refuse to succumb.  This will be the first & last time I will ever speak again of the Negative Nellies who truly need to go somewhere else to create misery & confrontation to others who might care.  Pity the fool who plans on a "bah humbug" agenda on this forum.  Happy CIJ @Mominohio!!

Honored Contributor

And just for full disclosure, I'm not sunshine and roses everywhere on these forums. 

There are certain forums where it is the tradition (and many think the function) to mix things up, debate, state strong opinions about the topics and not hold back. Especially Community Chat has become that.  I enjoy joining in on those, and mixing it up with others of differing opinions and ideas. 

I just have come to realize that some forums are mostly for debate, some are for support and some are more for learning new things. At least that is the way I see them function most of the time. 

And I do my best not to pee in the Cheerios of others on those supportive or learning forums. Was hoping others could do that here.

Respected Contributor

I pull up all the forums at once, especially now that posting is so much slower than it used to be. I suspect that this is what's happening-- posters are not deliberately going to Holiday to make comments of frustration, but neither are they just passing by as I do(except for this,lol). 

Valued Contributor

HeartWe replaced our Christmas tree last year (H205778-7.5' tall) and it's still up!  My living room celebrates all seasons!!!  LoL!!!  Can't wait for CIJCat Happy

Trusted Contributor

Coming into any thread on the Holiday Forum to complain about Christmas shows is like going into a Diabetes thread in the Wellness forum to call everyone fat.  It's totally counterproductive.  We see posts removed for being "argumentative, rude, baiting and inappropriate, and off-topic," so hopefully the moderators will acknowledge where we are and what is appropriate.  One exception, however, is that we should be free to complain about Jill Bauer referring to herself in the third person and bloviating about her designing the Christmas products.  If we get her instead of Alberti on Friday nights this fall, there will be no holds barred! LOL

Honored Contributor

@brbfromTX wrote:

HeartWe replaced our Christmas tree last year (H205778-7.5' tall) and it's still up!  My living room celebrates all seasons!!!  LoL!!!  Can't wait for CIJCat Happy

@brbfromTX  Well, you're one up on me for the season. lol.  I packed up the tree and 500 ornaments so it takes me two days to put it together again.  See you soon for CIJ.  Smiley Happy