Super Contributor

Re: The “joy” of gift wrapping

My first job while in high school was gift wrapping at a local department store.  I loved it!  We would wrap the lids and the bottoms separately in slow times, so that when we got busy there was a box ready to add tissue paper and pop the gift in.  It was great fun!  I did have my life threatened a few times by classmates mothers.  For some reason they were afraid I would tell their sons or daughters what they were getting for Christmas! LOL  What a great time in my life!

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 , I will PAY you to wrap mine. Woman Happy I hate the wrapping and I really don't like using gift bags, as it is more fun to "unwrap" gifts, in my opinion. I have about 100 gifts, not kidding, that are waiting to be wrapped and I just dread it. And, I start Christmas shopping during CIJ and still haven't wrapped anything. I have a couple more things being delivered this week then this coming weekend will be spent wrapping. Probably the entire weekend. So glad to hear your positive comments also. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind wrapping, I'm just not very good at it.  My gifts look a little sloppy but the kids never noticed, LOL!   Now I really don't have much wrapping at all to do, just a few things I give my adult kids along with their gift cards.  The only thing I would use a gift bag for is usually a larger item.  For instance during CIJ on HSN I purchased 2 Warm & Cozy pillow and throw blanket sets.  I'll put those in a bag.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind wrapping these days because there are fewer gifts. However what always drove me crazy was that my scissors would disappear and then my tape. Then to top it off wrapping seemed to be a cat magnet. LOL 😼

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I don't mind wrapping these days because there are fewer gifts. However what always drove me crazy was that my scissors would disappear and then my tape. Then to top it off wrapping seemed to be a cat magnet. LOL 😼

@QVCkitty1 

I started putting the tape and scissors in a shoe box next to me; it was less hectic!

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 

Let me know what time to be there! I love wrapping gifts I'll even bring some fresh baked sugar cutout cookies🙂

==

I only had about 30 small things but I'm up to the challenge!
Merry Christmas🎄🎅🏻

Honored Contributor

I love gift wrapping, I loved it since I was a kid. I always did everyone's wrapping. I still wrap for some friends and family.  

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 I would love to have you over. Oh and cookies too!!! I use to pay my girls to wrap when they were younger. They have families of their own now so I no longer have their help.

Honored Contributor

I now hate wrapping.  I used to do a decent job, including ribbons and bows.  And then when I got to my mom's house, i always used to have wrap all her gifts also!.  Now, it's gift bags.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of it at all.  I did do it all this past Sunday afternoon while watching football.  That helps a great deal.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."