Honored Contributor

Re: The Christmas in July Purchases are Starting to Arrive!

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR Melrose International at Hayneedle 15" $64,99 here is a close up.

@SHOPR@mousiegirl, these look a little rustic in some of the pictures.  I'll wait and see if Valerie's look like this too. I really hoped they would be available in pearl or white as I don't use silver much and the gold color is hard to judge online. Remember this set of trumpeting angels?  I have them on a tall cabinet and still like them.

100_3191.jpg

@lucymo  How tall are your gold angels?

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

You guys did good shopping.  I was on my best behavior, but still ended up with two orders.  I ordered the luminara TSV.  It shipped last week, but took a side trip.  It will finally be here tomorrow.  I ordered the reindeer pedestal.  It probably would have been here already, but I cancelled my order.  Then I read ripkas post and reordered it.  So it will be at least another week.

Lucy, I had Styrofoam trouble from VPH.  I ordered the three hearts on free shipping day.  The box looked off as I opened it and I was right.  It was a return.  The Styrofoam was ripped up and flew out of the box.  It got everywhere.  After all that, one of them doesn't work and has a hairline crack.  I should have waited and ordered a new set on as is.  LOL. It was as awful packing it back up.  I'm not reordering.  

Shopr, what are you doing with the angels.  I may have to have them.  I'm feeling weak

@GCR18  Hi, yes, the lantern was disgusting.  Someone just broke up the styrofoam and shoved it in the box.  When I opened I almost just called CS and asked for Free return shipping.  That lantern is not low priced to have to clean a mess like that.

The angels that @SHOPR posted pics of are similiar to the ones That Valerie is bringing in.  We are not sure of the colors she's offering, hopefully pearl or white. Keep an eye out for info on them if you will.  The picture is in her last sneak peek.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR@mousiegirl, these look a little rustic in some of the pictures.  I'll wait and see if Valerie's look like this too. I really hoped they would be available in pearl or white as I don't use silver much and the gold color is hard to judge online. Remember this set of trumpeting angels?  I have them on a tall cabinet and still like them.

100_3191.jpg

@mousiegirl  15-16" my best guess, standing on a stool and holding her while trying to use the yard stick. lol  I think they were available around 2010, maybe.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

100_3191.jpg

@mousiegirl  15-16" my best guess, standing on a stool and holding her while trying to use the yard stick. lol  I think they were available around 2010, maybe.

@lucymo  this is the lartgest angel I have, and stands in a corner on top of the wood counter in the red room.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo ~ I have the gold set of trumpeting angels from many years ago and love them!  I keep them out all year on top of an antique curio cabinet I display some of our antique wedding cake toppers in.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

100_3197.jpg@mousiegirl@SHOPR and everyone who is interested in Kringle Express metal Reindeer, H213273.  I received the kneeling one today and it is lovely. The plaid bow is just looped through the silver brooch which is attached to the reindeer.  I believe I could remove it and might have to touch up a bit afterwards.  But once that plaid ribbon is gone I actually like the silver brooch , it picks up light and looks great to me.  I may tire of it later but for now I like it.  Didn't think I would but I do. Here's a closeup so you can see.

@lucymo  The reindeer looks beautiful! You made a good decision taking off the bow and agree that the brooch by itself looks fine.

I'm doing the same with the swans. I don't think they need the plaid bows. I'll probably use the ribbon to wrap gifts or something else. I decided to keep both pairs of swans and just do touch up painting around the eyes/beak. The worn/primative look of the bodies on all of them is really nice Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

100_3191.jpg

@lucymo  this is the lartgest angel I have, and stands in a corner on top of the wood counter in the red room.

@mousiegirl  LOVE that angel! As a matter of fact, the BBC show from the 70's/80's is one of my top 10 tv shows ever! DH and I have the DVD series and usually watch a show or two every night in the winter Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

100_3191.jpg

@mousiegirl  LOVE that angel! As a matter of fact, the BBC show from the 70's/80's is one of my top 10 tv shows ever! DH and I have the DVD series and usually watch a show or two every night in the winter Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Zulily. Smiley Happy  The first arrived broken, so received a replacement.  The wings of the first had broken off but were intact, so I use them in a display at Christmas.  The body from the waist down, I use as a vase for faux Christmas sprigs of holly, berrys, etc.  I couldn't bear to throw the pieces away so found a use for them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

100_3191.jpg

@Susan Louise  I recorded the series decades ago, but havn't watched it, so now I will have to do that.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_3197.jpg@mousiegirl@SHOPR and everyone who is interested in Kringle Express metal Reindeer, H213273.  I received the kneeling one today and it is lovely. The plaid bow is just looped through the silver brooch which is attached to the reindeer.  I believe I could remove it and might have to touch up a bit afterwards.  But once that plaid ribbon is gone I actually like the silver brooch , it picks up light and looks great to me.  I may tire of it later but for now I like it.  Didn't think I would but I do. Here's a closeup so you can see.

@lucymo  The reindeer looks beautiful! You made a good decision taking off the bow and agree that the brooch by itself looks fine.

I'm doing the same with the swans. I don't think they need the plaid bows. I'll probably use the ribbon to wrap gifts or something else. I decided to keep both pairs of swans and just do touch up painting around the eyes/beak. The worn/primative look of the bodies on all of them is really nice Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Good morning.  We are on the same page about the ribbon.  It reminded me of when I was in high school and we all had a plaid skirt similar to the colors and plaid pattern of the ribbon. But, it was part of the package and a lot of people love it so we can all do our thing, to use or not to use.  LOL