Honored Contributor

Re: The Christmas in July Purchases are Starting to Arrive!

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

h208902.jpg

H208902

Set of 2 Glittered Faceted Drop 6.5 Candle Rings by Valerie

Ice or clear (champagne/gold IMO)

These just shipped yesterday, I'm anxious to get them.

I ordered the ice.

@ChiliPepper  I have this garland and the candle rings. I think you'll love them.  I play with mine to get them shaped the way I want.  Lots of wires with baubles to shape the look you want.

@lucymo

Thanks! I'm excited to get them!

Do you have the "clear" (champagne/gold) or the "ice" (clear/silver)?

I didn't end up ordering the garland, I was going to but didn't. I might yet - I can see lots of uses for the garland.

@ChiliPepper  I have the champagne one.  I used the garland  mixed with a green cedar type garland and it is really pretty.  I just don't use much silver anymore, went to warmer colors.  But I think it's just as pretty and used it for years but I guess I needed a change.  You will love the candle holders.

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I just got H211585 Pip Berry Tree Centerpiece & WOW!!  I order it & cancelled; @mousiegirl made me reorder it & it is fabulous!!  I agree with @Julie928 that this could be left out all year.  This is 5 stars for me providing the timer/battery test passes.  I also got H211359 & love it but the candle doesn't work.  Tried different batteries & nope.  I have reordered the Snowfake pattern (Lattice is sold out) hopefully the candle will work & I will trade it out.  I really like the concept but not happy about having to "exchange" the candle.  @Loving H211884 3 glitter trees...stunning!  I am over the moon with H208968 & H205988 thanks to @  @lucymo!  I was pleasantly surprised with H211881, beautifully done in LR's cloche I have.  More to come tomorrow!  

@BornToShop, One of my Lightscapes candles does not work, either!  The other works just fine.  How strange!  I'm going to update that thread soon.  I hope you get a working candle.  You won't know if you like the light up effect if you don't see it for yourself!  :-(

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My 25" Heritage bronze lantern came in a mess.  I could tell that the box had been opened when I saw it.  It wasn't packed back the way it should have been and the foam was shredded and flying everywhere.  I spent a lot of time trying to get the foam off the lantern.  The remote is always taped to the cardboard and it was just floating around in there.  It has been my experience that when they open boxes for quality inspection they leave a note saying that but none here.  However, lantern is in perfect condition and candle works.  So, I'm keeping it, no need to go thru the hassle of returning when I've cleaned it up and it is fine. I thought about it when I first looked inside though.

@mousiegirlI thought of you trying to get your 25" inch lantern out of the box and had a good laugh.  LOL

Everything else came in great condition. Thankful for that. Not really crazy about the white swans, kinda look dirty to me. I'm sure they will grow on me.  But I put them on top of the cabinets over the sink and they look fine.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for the reviews.  :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@ChiliPepper  I have the champagne one.  I used the garland  mixed with a green cedar type garland and it is really pretty.  I just don't use much silver anymore, went to warmer colors.  But I think it's just as pretty and used it for years but I guess I needed a change.  You will love the candle holders.

@lucymo

I ordered this one also which looks champagne/gold-ish to me so I figured I'd get the first one in "ice".

H211506

h211506_020.jpg

These look like a hot mess here but I thought they'd be pretty on the pedestals. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

My 25" Heritage bronze lantern came in a mess.  I could tell that the box had been opened when I saw it.  It wasn't packed back the way it should have been and the foam was shredded and flying everywhere.  I spent a lot of time trying to get the foam off the lantern.  The remote is always taped to the cardboard and it was just floating around in there.  It has been my experience that when they open boxes for quality inspection they leave a note saying that but none here.  However, lantern is in perfect condition and candle works.  So, I'm keeping it, no need to go thru the hassle of returning when I've cleaned it up and it is fine. I thought about it when I first looked inside though.

@mousiegirlI thought of you trying to get your 25" inch lantern out of the box and had a good laugh.  LOL

Everything else came in great condition. Thankful for that. Not really crazy about the white swans, kinda look dirty to me. I'm sure they will grow on me.  But I put them on top of the cabinets over the sink and they look fine.

@lucymo  I am so glad the lantern is fine, what a hassle to have to return something so big and heavy.

Styrofoam these days is a horror!  I have Dept 56 houses from decades ago, and I always griped at how difficult it was to get the houses back inside as the styrofoam was so solid and protective, no shredding or exploding all over the place. Quality has left the market place in so many things.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Well that stinks.  I finally changed my check hold over to credit card once I decided which size lanterns I wanted (12, 19, and 25).  I hope they aren't returns.  Glad yours is fine though.  

I get tired of the styrofoam mess from unpacking.  I used to contemplate keeping the packaging for storage but didn't want to deal the mess each year.  I did keep the packaging from Isaac's hobnail trees though.  It was a nice sturdy styrofoam that didn't leave a mess. 

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

h208902.jpg

H208902

Set of 2 Glittered Faceted Drop 6.5 Candle Rings by Valerie

Ice or clear (champagne/gold IMO)

These just shipped yesterday, I'm anxious to get them.

I ordered the ice.

I ordered these too.  I got one of each color.  Although I usually decorate in golds and warmer colors, I do have some silvery items that I thought the ice would look good with.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo, Did you get your Windsor lanterns yet? I

I am curious to hear how you like them since they're a new style for you.  

I opened my ivory swans this evening.  The large swan is a little darker than the small one and has a more brushed paint finish, but the difference so far hasn't bothered me.  I really like them.  Even though they are resin, they could easily pass for carved wood in my opinion, unless someone picks them up.  I've already found two places that I want to use them.  I can only use them in one place at a time, though, and I'm not buying a second ivory set.  LOL.

Valued Contributor

morewineplease, if you ordered these candle rings you might try them on tall candle holders and then try your VP Vintage hurricane on top.  I have earlier candle rings item #h208717 and I using  mine together this way. 

Beutiful and  dramatic.