Respected Contributor

Re: The Christmas in July Purchases are Starting to Arrive!

@ripka junkie
Thanks for the idea! The only candle holders I have are H208606. Do you think those would work? So the candle ring goes on the top of the candle holder and then the floral hurricane arrangement on top of that? Having trouble envisioning that, but I'll try it!
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

My 25" Heritage bronze lantern came in a mess.  I could tell that the box had been opened when I saw it.  It wasn't packed back the way it should have been and the foam was shredded and flying everywhere.  I spent a lot of time trying to get the foam off the lantern.  The remote is always taped to the cardboard and it was just floating around in there.  It has been my experience that when they open boxes for quality inspection they leave a note saying that but none here.  However, lantern is in perfect condition and candle works.  So, I'm keeping it, no need to go thru the hassle of returning when I've cleaned it up and it is fine. I thought about it when I first looked inside though.

@mousiegirlI thought of you trying to get your 25" inch lantern out of the box and had a good laugh.  LOL

Everything else came in great condition. Thankful for that. Not really crazy about the white swans, kinda look dirty to me. I'm sure they will grow on me.  But I put them on top of the cabinets over the sink and they look fine.

@lucymo, Did you get your Windsor lanterns yet? I

I am curious to hear how you like them since they're a new style for you.  

I opened my ivory swans this evening.  The large swan is a little darker than the small one and has a more brushed paint finish, but the difference so far hasn't bothered me.  I really like them.  Even though they are resin, they could easily pass for carved wood in my opinion, unless someone picks them up.  I've already found two places that I want to use them.  I can only use them in one place at a time, though, and I'm not buying a second ivory set.  LOL.

@SHOPR  Yes, I got the Windsor lanterns and love them.  They are great in the bronze color.  They are going to be used on either end of the entertainment center.  It's quite tall so they will be pretty there.  Now what to do with what's living there at the present time...  I have Valerie's ceramic hurricanes with the bird on top there now. 

The 25" Heritage is just really great.  I'm thinking about where to use it.  DH wants to put it on the front covered porch but I'm not ready to put it outside.  Smiley Happy  Maybe later I will.

I'm glad you are happy with the swans.  I think they are well made but just not crazy about the shade of off white color.  They look fine on top of the cabinets though. All in all, I'm satisfied with all that I've received so far, nothing broken to have to return.

Respected Contributor

I received two items last night:

The vintage red truck! H211828. I love it!! So cool and different. It's bigger than I envisioned. Well made and nicely done. I didn't open the trees yet. I read the reviews and like the ideas one guy had for decorating with it year round. If you were on the fence, reconsider this!

The white swans. These are simple but very nice. I want to play with them, try them out in different spots. Think they will look good with different ribbons for different seasons. Mine looked fine paintwise. I like how they look like wood.

I recommend both items!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

morewinepleasw, I have those candle holders too in every color, I grabbed my gold and they look beautiful.  I have these on my dinning room table now and leaving there. 

But the candle ring on first and then hurricane, mine look beautiful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ripka junkie
Thanks again! Hope my candle rings come soon so I can try it. I guess I better order another hurricane soon. I can't remember if I already said this, but I had originally ordered red then changed it to gold. I couldn't decide which I liked best. I really liked the blush a lot too. I couldn't tell if the other colors in the blush arrangement were more silver, champagne or gold. So just to clarify, you have the blush arrangements on gold candle holders?

Valued Contributor

Yes i have 2 of blush and I really like the color. I was like you and hard to decide, at first waned the red too.  I have 6 of Valerie red candles in red murcury glass holders H206601, Do you have these? that are beautiful, so pushed myself to go with blush.  Hard getting out  of my comfort zone sometimes!

Respected Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

Yes i have 2 of blush and I really like the color. I was like you and hard to decide, at first waned the red too.  I have 6 of Valerie red candles in red murcury glass holders H206601, Do you have these? that are beautiful, so pushed myself to go with blush.  Hard getting out  of my comfort zone sometimes!

Um noooo....I don't have those but now I have a set of red in my cart.  Thanks, I think. lol

Now I'm wondering if I should get a set of those with tthe red vintage floral hurricane.  Shoot. 

Sometimes there are too many options. That blush is beautiful but I was afraid to go down the blush path because I might want more.  I bet the blush would look pretty with chocolate too...

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  Yes, I got the Windsor lanterns and love them.  They are great in the bronze color.  They are going to be used on either end of the entertainment center.  It's quite tall so they will be pretty there.  Now what to do with what's living there at the present time...  I have Valerie's ceramic hurricanes with the bird on top there now. 

The 25" Heritage is just really great.  I'm thinking about where to use it.  DH wants to put it on the front covered porch but I'm not ready to put it outside.  Smiley Happy  Maybe later I will.

I'm glad you are happy with the swans.  I think they are well made but just not crazy about the shade of off white color.  They look fine on top of the cabinets though. All in all, I'm satisfied with all that I've received so far, nothing broken to have to return.

@lucymo, I was only willing to put my lone 12" Heritage lantern outside on the front steps after I got my two Windsors.  I needed the space and so it worked out, but the Heritage has some rusty seams.  It does get blowing rain and daily humidity.  Now that my CIJ purchases are almost over (I hope! Except for Slatkin) I'm wishing I had tried the 25" bronze Heritage on Free Shipping Day.  Oh well.  I'm sure it's beautiful. 

One nice thing with the Windsor design (to me) is playing around with different sizes and colors of candles inside.  The look can be changed easily.  Like I mentioned earlier I am using the wax ivory Solares in them now, but I've experimented with sage, teal, and also patterned candles. 

If there is room, would your lanterns work placed alongside the shorter VPH bird hurricanes?  I know you'll figure out what looks best.  

Happy for you that all of your purchases so far are keepers.  :-) 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If anyone is interested in white porcelain characters these are a good price now.  They are beautiful pieces, I have them. 

H206399 Kringle Express Porcelain Snowman or Santa. 

H206400  White Birdhouses with Cardinal or Song bird.  Just $13.52 now.

Both of these are good size pieces.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo, I was only willing to put my lone 12" Heritage lantern outside on the front steps after I got my two Windsors.  I needed the space and so it worked out, but the Heritage has some rusty seams.  It does get blowing rain and daily humidity.  Now that my CIJ purchases are almost over (I hope! Except for Slatkin) I'm wishing I had tried the 25" bronze Heritage on Free Shipping Day.  Oh well.  I'm sure it's beautiful. 

One nice thing with the Windsor design (to me) is playing around with different sizes and colors of candles inside.  The look can be changed easily.  Like I mentioned earlier I am using the wax ivory Solares in them now, but I've experimented with sage, teal, and also patterned candles. 

If there is room, would your lanterns work placed alongside the shorter VPH bird hurricanes?  I know you'll figure out what looks best.  

Happy for you that all of your purchases so far are keepers.  :-) 

@SHOPR  Come on over, Shopr, and we'll experiment with them.  I would so love to spend a day with the posters that I've chatted with for years.  We could put our heads together and do some great decorating and have fun doing it.

I thought about using both the tall hurricanes with birds on top and the Windsors but really want the lanterns to stand alone, they are that pretty.   I'll do something by the end of the week, takes me a while and several changes before I'm satisfied. I'll let you know.

If you see anything on Valeries new Trumpeting angels please tag me.  I really want to check those out.  Not sure of the color, looks white or ivory in the picture but can't be sure which. I hope she doesn't present them in that 12-1 am cst show, as I have no sense at that time of the morning.  lol