Honored Contributor

The BIG "RABBIT" Purge....:(

Well, I'm a little sad to say goodbye to the many excess bunnies and other Easter things I've collected through the years.

(Not including VPH pieces and Temptations).

Today, I seriously went through every storage box (all 8) for anything over the age of 20...lol!!! (not really but sounded good!)  I kept my favorite things and delivered a nice large box of all "cleaned and sanitized" easter decorations to the local Assisted living facility.

Originally I was packing them up to send up North to my niece for her new home now that she has little one BUT then thought she could buy her own.

Hoping these bunnies, chicks & more will bring a little joy

happy easter everyone a little early Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: The BIG "RABBIT" Purge....:(

@homedecor1    That was really thoughtful of you to remember the Senior Community.  I'm sure your donations will help brighten their lives. 

Did dh get his test results yet? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

How nice - I am sure those in assisted living will enjoy the bunnies and Easter decor!

Respected Contributor

Good job.  I'm sure the AL facility will enjoy decorating with your bunnies and chicks.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

yes we did - thank God "not-cancer" but the nodule/mass is larger than they thought.  Are going to do another scan in May to see if any change.  They can't seem to get a plan for his labored breathing (besides high doses of prednisone and of course, 24/7 oxygen).  Although, pulmonologist stated pnuemonia will take him longer since he has compromised lung capacity (COPD) already.

Thank you for asking🙂

As for my Easter "purge" my friend has been in assisted/skilled nursing facility for a few months.  It's so sad to know only family (which she has none) can visit & tells me how lonely/depressing the facility is -- so I chose there...maybe a little "extra sunshine" for many away from loved ones☹️☹️

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    I know dh's condition is very worrisome for both of you.  I hope he's able to recover and get back to normal living. Thank goodness you didn't retire in the mountains at a high altitude. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

How very wonderful of you!!

Now you will create a basket of love and smiles!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Haha...should have just listened to me & stayed put 🙄

wouldn't mind the mountains the views would be beautiful😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    But the mountain air is so thin. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Very thoughtful! And I bet they will really enjoy your donations!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”