Honored Contributor

The BIG Luminara candles I cancelled arrived.....

[ Edited ]

and they're definitely going back.

I'm glad all 3 arrived before we left so I don't have to worry about it. CS already knows that QVC made the error so no cost to me to return these things. They're lovely, they really are. The red is perfect for the holidays but....

Husband thought they were nice as well and wanted to know why they were being returned. I told him the whole story and he suggested we at least place them in the fireplace and see what we think. So, I removed the flameless candles that are in there (NOTE: ALL of them glow from the middle), placed the 3 red ones in there, turned off the lights and.....

the glow was dismal. Almost NOTHING. It looks like kinda like our fire place is haunted because the glow is very slight and so far up that it's....Halloween ghostly-like lighting. Does that make sense? With the other candles, no matter where you are, even coming down the stairs, there is an OBVIOUS glow that they provide. The difference between my other candles and these is dramatic and not in a good way Smiley Sad Since we want that big "glow", these will never work. Beautiful as a display but they don't deliver so....back they go.

For me, adding more flames and placing them deeper in the candle (and making the flame larger in length) would make a huge difference. I'm glad they arrived; now I know and should they come back in stock, I won't be bothered.

HTH those who wanted them for the same purpose/reason.

Respected Contributor

Re: The BIG Luminara candles I cancelled arrived.....

@SahmIam what an ordeal you went through to get the order right and then to cancel them. Then you get them and now have to send them back. At least you got to see and touch them in person and know they don't work for you. All my Luminara's have a glow on top of the wax. I have red, dark green, and brown and ivory, etc  and did not see the usual glow on these candles and I think that is because they are so thick. 6" is wide. I wish they did a triple wick on these. I bet the glow would show up more. Thanks for testing them out in your fireplace. It makes my decision to cancel my order an easy one. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam    I guess the orders that we cancel aren't always really cancelled.  I hope this doesn't happen to me as I cancelled several orders during the week.  I don't like to do that but this was a special reason.

Sorry after all of that you couldn't use the candles.  I hate to have to return items, it's just a job packing up and going to the PO.  If there is a good side of this  you won't be tempted by these candles anymore. I didn't order them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@SahmIam    I guess the orders that we cancel aren't always really cancelled.  I hope this doesn't happen to me as I cancelled several orders during the week.  I don't like to do that but this was a special reason.

Sorry after all of that you couldn't use the candles.  I hate to have to return items, it's just a job packing up and going to the PO.  If there is a good side of this  you won't be tempted by these candles anymore. I didn't order them.

@lucymo  If you didn't receive an email confirming the cancellation, I would call customer service unless your account shows cancelled.

If one leaves a prepaid package out for the mail carrier with a note, he/she will take it, it's what I do, have two packages now ready for pick up on Monday.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  If you didn't receive an email confirming the cancellation, I would call customer service unless your accoutn shows cancelled.

If one leaves a prepaid package out for the mail carrier with a note, he/she will take it, it's what I do, have two packages now ready for pick up on Monday.

@mousiegirl  I have a thing about putting out packages.  I go to the PO and get a receipt.  I know I don't have to but it's just a quirk of mine.  Call me crazy, go ahead.  LOL