Respected Contributor

Re: The 12th day of Christmas is nearly over

I put away the Christmas tablecloth and chandelier shades today.  I had already put everything else related to the holiday away.

Honored Contributor

I'm just beginning to take down Christmas today. 

It's a season for me, and I've never thought worth the effort, to take it down before the hustle and bustle is over and I can truly relax and enjoy it after the 25th. 

I'm moving more toward seasonal things (more greens and pine cones, candles and rings) and less that says Santa and Christmas specific, just so I can leave them out longer to enjoy. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Husband likes the Xmas decorations up until Epiphany.  All going away today.

Honored Contributor

Going to start removing things today.  It will take most of the week to get it all removed, packed up, and brought downstairs for storage.

Took some pictures last night because my foyer looked so pretty.  I illuminated my topiaries this year.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Started on the dining room,kitchen,fireplace and bathroom tonight.  Hopefully I'll get the tree down this week end. I'm sad to see it go.  I wish the season was longer, seems like from Thanksgiving to Christmas time flies by.

I like leaving Christmas up at least a few weeks after Christmas, it's nice to just unwind and enjoy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only things I've put away are the holly-shaped lights and green light strings in my front windows; everything inside the house is still decorated for Christmas. I love the warmth of the lights from my tree and a few other pieces, and my traditional decor of plaid and pinecones and holly still seems welcome. I'm guessing it will all stay in place for another week or two until I start to decide it's more clutter than Christmas...  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Window lights stay on. I love them. My indoor candles all Winter and of course my snowmen. Received a new one this year from my niece. Soo cute!
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm just beginning to take down Christmas today. 

It's a season for me, and I've never thought worth the effort, to take it down before the hustle and bustle is over and I can truly relax and enjoy it after the 25th. 

I'm moving more toward seasonal things (more greens and pine cones, candles and rings) and less that says Santa and Christmas specific, just so I can leave them out longer to enjoy. 

@Mominohio I do the same thing, using winter decorations and keep them up until valentine day. So much easier and less to store. 

Respected Contributor

I definitely leave all my snow decor in place. . .until a sunny March day comes along.

(The next day, of course, it being Michigan, the skies are gray again.)

Honored Contributor

We put our front lights on for the last time Sunday night. Decorations inside are slowly coming down. 

Many of our neighbors are still in full-blown holiday outside lights. Around here people tend to leave them up until the end of January. Sometimes the weather is just too rainy to do anything. 

We're heading to the airport in a little over an hour for DS' flight back to college. I wish I had him one more week. Smiley Sad