Respected Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? Do you have any?

Small and quiet for me this year! 3 people and a huge bird.....they were in short supply and I had to get what they had! Lots for the freezer!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Marsha2003 

I love Francis 1st and have it in sterling and silver plate.

I bought it years ago and it is still one of my favorite patterns.

@Witchy Woman I read somewhere that Francis 1st is one of the two most popular patterns in the USA.  My mother chose it for me.  I probably would have chosen a less ornate pattern, but I'm happy to have and use any sterling.  I didn't realize that the pattern was available as silver plate.  That might be a less expensive way to add some serving pieces.  I could use some additional serving spoons.

Honored Contributor

Three of us (friends from church) are going out to dinner.  

Respected Contributor

Four this year. Husband, son and his girl friend. She is vegan and it should be interesting. I am drinking and eating vegan and I like it although not completely.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@MarthaStewardess 

Hoping you have some happy memories from the past to keep you company.

Not everyone (including myself) has a big, family event on Thanksgiving, but it's OK.  We made it another year!

Fix something you love, be it simple or gourmet and enjoy the day!

Thank you, I will.  I have my two little kitties for company.  I think a lot of people forget that not everyone has large families or a big circle of people around them.  Hope you have a good holiday too.  Enjoy it.  Do what makes you happy!

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@MarthaStewardess 

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Will be sitting at home by myself for Thanksgiving. 

Do something special for you. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you, I  will.  Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving 

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 

I wanted to come back to correct myself on my silverplate pattern.  It is NOT Francis 1, but Michaelangelo.  It's an Oneida pattern.

After I posted, a little bell went off in my mind and I had to go look.  Sure enough, it wasn't Francis 1.  Both are overly ornate for most tastes. 

ONEIDA® Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set

I've used them together, and, of course, no one really noticed.  But a silver lover would!

I wanted to make sure knew I had made a mistake and, as far as I know, there is no Francis 1 in silverplate.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Marsha2003 

I wanted to come back to correct myself on my silverplate pattern.  It is NOT Francis 1, but Michaelangelo.  It's an Oneida pattern.

After I posted, a little bell went off in my mind and I had to go look.  Sure enough, it wasn't Francis 1.  Both are overly ornate for most tastes. 

ONEIDA® Michelangelo 20-Piece Stainless Flatware Set

I've used them together, and, of course, no one really noticed.  But a silver lover would!

I wanted to make sure knew I had made a mistake and, as far as I know, there is no Francis 1 in silverplate.

Thanks for the clarification, @Witchy Woman.  I noticed, when I was browsing, that Reed & Barton does have a similar pattern in silver plate called King Francis.

D13A3E7E-65F4-4288-BC82-FB1ACC1EA440.png