Trusted Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Plans? Do you have any?

@Regal Bee  That table setting looks so nice and inviting! Very pretty!

My daughter is hosting this year as it's her turn.  Everyone will bring things to share though.  I passed the Thanksgiving cooking baton on to the kids a few years ago.  I told them that I had earned my wings in hosting and doing all the work, and now it's their time to start flapping their wings.  😉  

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  I'm coming to your house!  Smiley Happy....I'll bring dessert & some wine.

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz  Such a cute way of putting it. Your comment made me smile.

@haddon9   Dessert and wine......sign me up! 

Respected Contributor

I love looking at everyone's tables. We will be having a quiet Thanksgiving this year. We had guests last year and it just took so much out of me. 

I can't even get going on my Christmas decorations because I was finally able to book someone to come and do a deep clean on my house on Nov 30. I can't even clean my own house anymore.!

Honored Contributor

Yes.  I do all of the cooking, my DIL helps where she can including dishes, and I send leftovers home!

I get glorious leftovers!!!!!Smiley Happy  This is my favorite meal of the year!!!

Honored Contributor

Closest relative is almost 3,000 miles away.....    "Dinner" is not worth that kind of travel (especially NOW).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We will be having dinner at my brothers home. 20 people and enough food for 120. It is always a beautiful day.

@Regal Bee ..your 2020 Thanksgiving Table was beautiful.

Respected Contributor

My husband and I are going to have a special dinner for the two of us.  Since my mother's death and my in-laws' deaths, our immediate families have stopped that generational get together.  We will get out the Waterford and Lennox (autumn) and have steak and crab cakes with sweet potatoes and asparagus in a small celebration of our own.  My son and his family have thanksgiving with his father's family as we split holiday celebrations.  Hope to drive up to see sisters that weekend.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

This is going to be a more relaxing dinner as we will go to my youngest DS and DDIL"s house. It has been many years that I have not made the dinner. It sure does take more out of you as you get older,so it"s nice to not make it once in a while. I always look forward to it.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee 

Just beautiful and so inviting🍂🍁

I know your guests always feel welcomed in your home.  I'm sure you have planned everything from the decor to food..

Thanksgiving plans - right now none just maybe a small dinner.  I've been kidding him I'll stop at WAWA and get us the "gobbler" bowl -- Thanksgiving dinner in a bowl😉

This is one holiday he enjoys for the turkey & all the trimmings.  Our boys and family wanted to come down but I asked them to just join us by Skype.  

Although, you inspired me to set a nice table and maybe invite our close friends over -- just the 4 of us. 

Happy Thanksgiving🦃