Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving Day is winding down

at least for some of us. I am ready to finish up Christmas decorations, make some cookies/candy, and also finish my shopping and wrapping. But, first I have at least 2 more days of leaf cleanup in the yard. Hope that will do it for this year.

Hope everyone had a super Thanksgiving day whatever your day entailed.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Day is winding down

My day was odd. First Thanksgiving that we didn't get together as a family. Just too many conflicts with my kids' inlaws, so we decided to do our dinner on Saturday. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is our town's annual Holidazzle Parade. A huge deal for our small town. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. So Saturday we will have Thanksgiving/parade party/birthday party. My father in law died in April & my mother in law is now living a few houses down from us, so she did come over & we ate some ham & sweet potatoes. My husband knew I would be a bit bummed about no kids for Thanksgiving so he did help me put up most of the Christmas decorations. I have most everything else bought & wrapped already. Also, totally not like me.It's been a weird, weird year.

Trusted Contributor

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It a lot of work, but everyone enjoyed it emensly. Now we have 9 pies to eat. Like you I'm excited to get on with decorating. I usually have more harvest out, but I decided to start on christmas early so I could injoying christmas without being exhausted. I have my white Bethlaham tree up in the entry way and I bought the new slim tree they had this year with the magnolia leaves for my kitchen. It really looks nice.Luckily we had snow last week so I had to get the yard done last week so now I can play.

Honored Contributor

We had a great dinner and of course too much food.I won't have to cook for days.It was cold and rainy here so we had to drive to feed our stray cat his thanksgiving dinner.I wish I could get him to trust me enough to come home with us at least for the winter but he seems happy just to be fed regularly.

I hope everyone had a great day doing what you love.

Honored Contributor

Image result for christmas is coming animated images

Honored Contributor

http://imgur.com/gallery/NnIj1uf

Respected Contributor

@meallen616, this just cracked me up.....thank you for a good laugh 😆

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 9 pies! Wow. Yum.